KROMITOU, Kalliopi 637
Noted events in her life were:
• Alt. Birth, Cir 1903, Greece. 640
• Immigration, 1 Sep 1923, New York, NY. 639 S.S. Berengaria, sailing from Southampton, August 25, 1923, arriving New York 1 Sept 1923. List 29, number 2. Family name: Kromida (crossed out, written Kromidou). Given name: Kromidton (crossed out, written Kalliopi). Age 22, female, single. Occupation Dressm. Can read and write Greek. Nationality Turkey, race Greek. Last permanent address Pirea, Greece. Nearest relative in country whence alien came: Uncle Andonrt Slevy, Loudra. Mideliny. Final destination: Mass (crossed out, written CT), Hartford. Has ticket to final destination, and $100 (crossed out, written 174). Never before in United States. Passage paid by Fiance Frank Costas, 449 P.B. Hartford, Mass (crossed out, written Ct.). No plans to return to home country, expects to become a permanent citizen of U.S. Born Smyrna, Turkey.
• Immigration, 1 Sep 1923, New York, NY. 637 Arrived from Glasgow, Scotland, on S.S. Berengaria.
• Residence, 1924 to 1927, Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut. 637
• Residence, 15 Jun 1928, Kings County, New York. 637
• Census, 5 Apr 1930, Brooklyn, Kings County, New York, United States. 640
• Appearance in Document: Petition for Naturalization, 15 Apr 1937, Brooklyn, Kings County, New York, United States. 637 Name: Kalliope Frank. Residence 1925 East 9th Street Brooklyn NY; Occupation Fur Finisher; born Smyrna, Turkey on Nov 15 1901; Race Greek; Widow of Kostas Frank; Married on Sept 30 1923 in Hartford, CT; He was born in Smyrna, Turkey, on July 4 1894; entered the United States at new York on Sept 20 1912; he died in Brooklyn in 1935. She has 2 children: John, born July 8 1924 in Hartford, CT, and Nick, born July 10 1927 in Hartford, CT. Her last foreign residence was Pireuas, Greece; she emigrated to the U.S. from Glasgow, England; her entry into U.S. was at New York under the name Kalliopi Kromitou on Sept 1 1923 on the vessel SS Beregaria. The records say she plans to renounce allegiance to the Republic of Turkey of whom she is currently a citizen. She can speak English. She has resided in the U.S. continuously since Sept 1 1923, and in Kings County since 15 June 1928. Witnesses are Christos G. Cominos, occupation Grocer, residing at 2056 East 8th Street, Brooklyn, and Costas Panas, occupation Machinist, residing at 1929 East 9th Street, Brooklyn. Petition recorded in Brooklyn on 15 Apr 1937, and notes the certificate of arrival No 2-487739. Petition number 63318.
• Citizenship: U.S, 31 Aug 1937, New York, NY. 637
• Census, 11 Apr 1940, Brooklyn, Kings County, New York, United States. 641
Kalliopi married Kostas FRANK on 30 Sep 1923 in Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut.637 (Kostas FRANK was born on 4 Jul 1894 in Smyrna, Turkey 637 and died in 1935 in Brooklyn, Kings County, New York, United States 637.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Story. 639 Were already engaged when Kalliopi arrived in United States. Frank was living in Hartford, CT and paid for her passage from Greece.