FARRELL, Shannon Anthony 551
- Born: 22 Jan 1936, Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut 551
- Marriage: LANDA, Helen
- Died: 11 Mar 2004 551
- Buried: 13 Mar 2004, St. Stanislaus Cemetery, Meriden, New Haven County, Connecticut 551
Another name for Shannon was FARRELL, Shannon.548
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, Cir 1935, Connecticut, United States. 548
• Census, 15 Apr 1940, West Hartford, Hartford Co, CT. 548
1) Farrell, Francis T., head of household, rents his home at 71 Dover Road for $52/month, age 34, married, completed 4 years of college, born CT, on 1 Apr 1935 living in Hartford, CT (with rest of family), during March 24-30 worked 50 hours as salesman of stock, earned $1400 in 1939, had other income
2) Farrell, Mary J., wife, age 31, married, completed 4 years of high school, born CT, engaged in home housework
3) Farrell, Patricia, daughter, age 12, attends school, completed 6th grade, born CT, student
4) Farrell, Justine, daughter, age 8, attends school, completed 3rd grade, born CT, student
5) Farrell, Shannon, son, age 4, not in school, born CT.
• Obituary: The Hartford Courant, 13 Mar 2004, Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut. 551 Shannon Anthony Farrell, 68, of Berlin, beloved husband of Helen (Landa) Farrell, passed away peacefully on Thursday (March 11, 2004). Born on January 22, 1936 in Hartford, son of the late Francis and Mary (Lynch) Farrell. He grew up in West Hartford and lived most of his adult life in Newington. He was a graduate of Avon Old Farms, Class of 1954 and, like his father attended the University of Notre Dame. He was a gifted athlete in track and baseball. Shannon loved Notre Dame football and the New York Yankees. He played the drums and loved a variety of music. His intelligence and quick wit served him well, during his years of bartending, mostly at the VFW, Post 9836 in Newington. He loved animals and will be sorely missed by his two cats, Boots and his special pal, Rudy, who gave him much joy and compassion. Besides his wife, he is survived by a sister and brother-in-law, Justine and Edward Russell of West Hartford; and his beloved mother-in-law, Helen G. Landa of Meriden. He was predeceased by sister, P. Geraldine Fadeley of Baltimore, MD. Funeral Service will be Saturday, March 13, 11 a.m. at the Sheehan-Hilborn-Breen Funeral Home, 1084 New Britain Ave., West Hartford. Private burial will be in St. Stanislaus Cemetery, Meriden. Calling hour will be prior to the Service from 10-11 a.m. at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to the Animal Alliance Welfare League, P.O. Box 1775, New Britain, CT 06050 or the Newington Volunteer Ambulance, 71 John Stewart Dr., Newington, CT 06111.
Shannon married Helen LANDA. (Helen LANDA was born on 22 May 1950,555 died on 9 Jul 2011 555 and was buried in St. Stanislaus Cemetery, Meriden, New Haven County, Connecticut 555.)