- Born: 15 Oct 1928, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States 529,530
- Marriage: ROPER, Mary
- Died: 7 Jun 2011, Old Bridge, New Jersey 529,530
- Buried: 10 Jun 2011, St. Mary's Cemetery, South Amboy, New Jersey 529
Other names for Edward were DEAM, Edward 493 and PATHOLEC, Edward.309
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 4 Apr 1940, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States. 309
1) Patholec, Sigmond, head of household, rents his home at 114 Cole Street for $18, age 34, married, completed 8th grade, born NJ, in 1935 living in same house, during March 24-30 was seeking employment, unemployed for 53 weeks, occupation cement finisher, worked 12 weeks during 1939, earned $33, no other income
2) Pathalec, Martha, wife, age 33, married, completed 5th grade, born Germany, nsturalized citizen, in 1935 living in same house, during March 24-30 worked 40 hours as laborer in Can Mfg Co., during 1939 worked 52 weeks, earned $520, no other income
3) Patholec, Edward, son, age 10, attends school, completed 4th grade, born NJ
4) Patholec, Robert, son, age 5, attends school, completed no grades, born NJ.
• Census, 9 Apr 1930, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States. 493
1) Deam, John, head of household, rents his home at 272 Ninth Street, age 25, married, first married at 22, born NJ, parents born Germany, waiter at restaurant, not actually employed on last working day
2) Deam, Martha, wife, age 23, married, first married at 20, born Germany, parents born Germany, spoke German before coming to U.S., immigrated in 1923, alien, no occupation
3) Deam, Edward, son, age 1, born NJ.
• Residence, 1959, South Amboy, New Jersey. 529
• Obituary: Asbury Park Press, 9 Jun 2011, Neptune, New Jersey. 529 Edward Diem, 82, of South Amboy died Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at Raritan Bay Medical Center, Old Bridge. Born in Jersey City, he lived in South Amboy since 1959. Before retiring in 1991, he was employed as a truck driver for Penn Truck Lines, South Kearny for 40 years. He was a long time member of Teamsters Union Local 641, Union. For the past 9 years he worked as a courier for Amboy National Bank.
His wife, Mary Roper Diem died in 1999, he was also predeceased by his son, Edward Diem in 1990 and his brother, Robert Pacholec. He is survived by his sons and daughters in law, John and Judith Diem of Somerset, Thomas and Christine Diem of Toms River and Michael and Linda Diem of Parlin; his daughter and son in law, Patricia and Donald McNeany of South Amboy; 10 grandchildren, Shannon, Edward, Lauren, Matthew, Megan, Michelle, Erik, Jennifer, Nicholas and Cheyanne and 5 great grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held on Friday, June 10, 2011 at 10am at The Gundrum Service "Home For Funerals" 237 Bordentown Avenue, South Amboy. Interment will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery, South Amboy. Visitation will be on Thursday from 2pm-4pm and 7pm-9pm.
Edward married Mary ROPER. (Mary ROPER died in 1999 529.)