DAGES, Vilma Eileen
- Born: 2 Jun 1928, Baltimore, Maryland, United States 136,137,138,139
- Marriage: SWEET, Wilbert Leon
- Died: 13 Apr 2012, Baltimore, Maryland, United States 136,137
- Buried: 18 Apr 2012, Loudon Park Cem, Baltimore, MD 136
Other names for Vilma were DAGES, Vilma 138,139 and SWEET, Vilma D. 136.,137
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 4 Apr 1930, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. 139
1) Dages, Marie, head of household, rents her home at 125 Beverley Street for $24, has a radio, age 28, married, first married at 19, born Baltimore, parents born Baltimore, no occupation
2) Dages, Albert, son, age 6, born Baltimore, parents born Baltimore
3) Dages, Audrey, daughter, age 3 9/12, born Baltimore
4) Dages, Vilma, daughter, age 1 10/12, born Baltimore
5) Ruehl, John, uncle, age 54, widow, born Baltimore, parents born Germany, painter at iron works, not a veteran.
• Census, 11 Apr 1940, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. 138,140
1) Dages, Marie, head of household, lives at 20 E. Poultney St., age 38, divorced, completed 8th grade, born MD, lived in same house in 1935, engaged in home housework, had other income
2) Dages, Albert, son, age 16, attends school, completed 1 year of high school, born MD, student
3) Dages, Audrey, daughter, age 13, attends school, completed 7th grade, born MD
4) Dages, Vilma, daughter, age 11, attends school, completed 5th grade, born MD
5) Ruehl, John, uncle, age 64, married, completed 6th grade, born MD, during week of March 24-30 worked 30 hours as janitor at public savings bank, worked 52 weeks in 1939, earned $260 in 1939.
6) Masingo, LeRoy, brother, age 35, single, completed 2nd grade, born MD, lived in same house in 1935, seeking work, normally a chauffeur.
• Obituary, 15 Apr 2012, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. 136 On April 13, 2012, Vilma D. Sweet passed away at St. Agnes Hospital. Born June 2, 1928 to the late Albert & Marie Dages she is predeceased by her husband Wilbert L. Sweet and survived by loving sons David M. (Trudy) and Alan M. (Denise) Sweet and dear grandchildren David M. Jr (Vicki), Matthew J., Sandra M. and Robert L. Sweet, Shawn K. Long and Glenn A. Decker and great-granddaughter Morgan J. Sweet as well as sister Audrey (Warren) Bailey and sister in law Nellie Lathe.
Family and friends are invited to call on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 from 3 to 5 pm and 7 to 9pm at the Hubbard Funeral Home, Inc., 4107 Wilkens Avenue, Baltimore, MD where a funeral service will be on Wednesday at 12:00pm. Interment in Loudon Park Cemetery.
Vilma married Wilbert Leon SWEET, son of Silas Gideon SWEET and Mattie G. MIDDLEBROOK. (Wilbert Leon SWEET was born on 12 Apr 1931,131,132 died on 11 Jun 1996 in Baltimore, Maryland, United States 131,132 and was buried on 15 Jun 1996 in Loudon Park Cem, Baltimore, MD.)