- Born: 25 Jul 1930, Maryland, United States 272,486,487
- Marriage: ALEXANDER, Marion in 1961 486,487
- Died: 6 Jul 2008 486,487
- Buried: 8 Jul 2008, Saint Ambrose Catholic Cemetery, Cresaptown, Allegany County, Maryland, United States 486,487
Other names for Charles were KANE, Charles W. 272,485 and KANE, Chuck 486.,487
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 3 May 1940, Allegany County, Maryland, United States. 272
1) Kane, Edward B., head of household, owns his home on McAuburn Highway, value $1500, age 43, married, no education, born Maryland, worked 40 hours during week of March 24-30 as machinist helper in rayon manufacturing, worked 47 weeks in 1939, earned $1100, no other income
2) Kane, Rose R., wife, age 35, married, completed 8th grade, born West Virginia, engaged in home housework
3) Kane, Mary C., daughter, age 16, attends school, completed 1 year of high school, born West Virginia, student
4) Kane, Anna Lee, daughter, age 13, attends school, completed 6th grade, born Maryland
5) Kane, Edward J., son, age 12, attends school, completed 6th grade, born Maryland
6) Kane, Charles W., son, age 9, attends school, completed 3rd grade, born Maryland
7) Kane, James F., son, age 6, not attending school, born Maryland.
• Residence, 1975, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. 485
• Residence, 2008, Cresaptown, Allegany County, Maryland, United States. 486
• Obituary: The Cumberland Times-News, 7 Jul 2008, Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland, United States. 487 Charles William "Chuck" Kane, 77, of Cresaptown, formerly of Charlotte, N.C., passed away on Sunday, July 6, 2008, at WMHS-Braddock Campus.
Born July 25, 1930, he was the son of the late Rose Hollenbach Kane, and Edward B. Kane. He was also preceded in death by his wife, Marion Alexander Kane, whom he married in 1961; two brothers, Edward J. Kane and James F. Kane; and two sisters, Mary Katherine Raupauch and Anna Lee Ramsey.
In 1948, Chuck graduated from Allegany High School and went on to serve in the Navy during the Korean War. He retired as a salesman from Graybar Electric (Charlotte, N.C.) in 1983. He was a member of Trinity United Methodist Church, Charlotte, N.C., Cresaptown Eagles, LaVale Lions Club, and the American Legion. Chuck, a lifelong bowler, enjoyed his time with the Senior Mixed Leagues.
Surviving are two brothers-in-law, Kenneth Alexander, of Charlotte, N.C. and Glen Handschy, of Tampa, Fla.; one sister-in-law, Shirley Kane, of Cresaptown; several nieces; nephews; great-nieces; and great-nephews who loved him very much.
Friends will be received at the Scarpelli Funeral Home, P.A., McMullen Highway, Cresaptown, on Tuesday from 10 to 11 a.m.
Funeral services will be conducted in the Cresaptown funeral home on Tuesday at 11 a.m. with Father James Kurtz, O.F.M. Cap., officiating.
Internment will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery following the service.
Military honors will be accorded by the Post 13 Honor Guard at the cemetery.
A special thanks to the inpatient oncology staff at the WHMS-Braddock Campus for their special care of Chuck during his illness.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to one of the following; Trinity United Methodist Church Building or Cemetery Fund (Charlotte, N.C.); Cresaptown Volunteer Fire Department; or Cornerstone Baptist Church Building Fund (Cumberland).
Condolences may be sent to the family in care of Mr. and Mrs. Tim Kane, P.O. Box 5141, Cresaptown, MD 21502.
Charles married Marion ALEXANDER in 1961 486.,487 (Marion ALEXANDER was born on 1 Jan 1926 and died on 15 Sep 2006.)