- Born: 19 Jul 1926, Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland, United States 485
- Marriage (1): WINTER, Thomas Earl between 1940 and 1942 488
- Marriage (2): RAMSEY, Playford Marshall after 1943
- Died: 6 Aug 1975, Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland, United States 485
- Buried: Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland 485
Other names for Anna were RAMSEY, Anna Lee,486,487 RAMSEY, Anna Lee Kane 479 and WINTER, Anna Lee Kane.488
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 15 Apr 1930, Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland, United States. 481
1) Kane, Edward, head of household, rents his home at 519 City View Terace for $25/month, age 33, married, first married at 26, born Maryland, parents born Maryland, laborer in silk factory, veteran of World War
2) Kane, Rose R., wife, age 25, married, first married at 18, born West Virginia, father born Germany, mother born Maryland
3) Kane, Mary K., daughter, age 5, not attending school, born West Virginia
4) Kane, Anna Lee, daughter, age 3 8/12, born Maryland
5) Kane, Edward J., son, age 2 5/12, born Maryland.
• Census, 3 May 1940, Allegany County, Maryland, United States. 272
1) Kane, Edward B., head of household, owns his home on McAuburn Highway, value $1500, age 43, married, no education, born Maryland, worked 40 hours during week of March 24-30 as machinist helper in rayon manufacturing, worked 47 weeks in 1939, earned $1100, no other income
2) Kane, Rose R., wife, age 35, married, completed 8th grade, born West Virginia, engaged in home housework
3) Kane, Mary C., daughter, age 16, attends school, completed 1 year of high school, born West Virginia, student
4) Kane, Anna Lee, daughter, age 13, attends school, completed 6th grade, born Maryland
5) Kane, Edward J., son, age 12, attends school, completed 6th grade, born Maryland
6) Kane, Charles W., son, age 9, attends school, completed 3rd grade, born Maryland
7) Kane, James F., son, age 6, not attending school, born Maryland.
• Obituary: The Cumberland Evening Times, 7 Aug 1975, Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland, United States. 485 Mrs. Anna Lee Ramsey, 49, of Miltenberger Road, Ridgeley, died yesterday at Sacred Heart Hospital, where she had been admitted Saturday. Born in Cumberland, she was a daughter of Mrs. Rose (Hollenbach) Kane, Cresaptown, and the late Edward B. Kane. Her first husband, Thomas Winters, preceded her in death.
She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church, FOE 2883 Auxiliary, American Legion Auxiliary Unit 209, Pocahontas Lodge 984, Redman, all of Cresaptown, Women of Moose Chapter 348, Frostburg, and the Cresap Tavern Ladies Shuffleboard Team.
Surviving, besides her mother, are her husband, Playford M. Ramsey; two sons, E-6 K. Thomas Winters, Virginia Beach, Va.; John W. Winters, Baltimore; three stepdaughters, Mrs. Elda Lou McKinney, Hagerstown; Mrs. Ethel Linn Riley, Mrs. Elda Lee Benecke, Bay City, Mich,; two stepsons, Playford L. Ramsey, Agana, Guam; Phillip L. Ramsey, Cresaptown; a sister, Mrs. Mary Catherine Rulings, Baltimore; three brothers, James F. and Edward (Bo)
Kane, Cresaptown; Charles W. Kane, Charlotte, N. C.; 17 grandchildren and one greatgrandchild.
The body is at the George Funeral Home where friends will be received from 7 until 9 p.m. today and from 2 until 4 and 7 until 9 p. m. tomorrow.
Services will be conducted at 10 a.m. Saturday in the funeral home by Rev. Wendel A. Moliski. Interment will be in Hillcrest Burial Park.
Published in the Cumberland Evening Times, Cumberland Maryland, August 7, 1975, Page: 20, Col. 1.
Anna married Thomas Earl WINTER between 1940 and 1942.488 (Thomas Earl WINTER was born on 7 Feb 1924,488 died on 8 Jul 1943 in Baltimore, Maryland, United States 488 and was buried in Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, Cumberland, Allegany County, Maryland 488.)
Anna next married Playford Marshall RAMSEY after 1943. (Playford Marshall RAMSEY was born on 10 Jul 1909 in Maryland, United States 279 and died on 30 Jul 1985 279.)