|SCHMINKE, Henry J.
(Cir 1838-Bef 1920)
SCHMINKE, Henry J. 23
Another name for Henry was SCHMINKE, Henry G..25
Noted events in his life were:
• Immigration, 1858. Henry J Schemcke immigrated in 1858 according to 1910 census.
• Census, 1870, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. Henry Shminke (maybe this one) is 34, b Hesse-Darmstadt, [glass or something] finisher, with Christiana (33, b Hesse-Darmstadt, keeping house), Anne (10, b MD), Henry (7), Louis (5), Alfred (2). (Baltimore Ward 16, City of Baltimore, MD, p247, family 1110)
• Census, 1880, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. Henry Schminke (maybe this one) is 43, b Prussia, parents b Prussia, works in shoe factory, with wife Susan (42, b Prussia, parents b Prussia, keeping house), son John (19, b MD, porter in store), dau Virginia (17), dau Emma (15), dau Anna (15), dau Louisa (13), dau Amelia (10), son Henry (8), dau Mary (5). (District 168, Baltimore, MD, p443, family 91)
• Census, 1900, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. Henry J Schminke (maybe this one) is 63, b Dec 1836, b Germany, parents b Germany, immigrated in 1856, naturalized, baker, married 39 years to Susanna (b Apr 1837, b Germany, parents b Germany, immigrated 1859, 8 children, all living), dau Jennie C (36, single, b Aug 1863, b MD, saleslady at confectionary, son Henry Jr (27, single, b Oct 1872, b MD, baker), granddau Mamie (7, b Sept 1892). Also in household are cook Lorretta E O'Baker and boarder John Stahl. (1851 West Fayette Street, District 251, Baltimore Ward 19, City of Baltimore, MD, sheet 26B, family 280)
• Census, 1910, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. Henry J Schemcke is 72, b Germany, parents b Germany, immigrated in 1858, naturalized citizen, speaks English, no occupation, married for 2nd time for 5 years to Lena (36, b Germany, parents b Germany, immigrated in 1903, speaks German, no occupation, married for 1st time for 5 years, 1 child, still living), son Herbert F (4, b Maryland). (1841 Montrose, District 337, Baltimore Ward 20, Baltimore City, MD, sheet 10B, family 223)