RODGERS, James E.
- Born: Cir 1834, Maryland, United States 321,326,327
- Marriage: UNKNOWN, Mary E. after 1860 326
- Died: Bef 1910
Other names for James were RODGERS, James,327 ROGERS, James 326 and ROGERS, James E..321
Wife Mary is widow in 1910 census.
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Oysterman, 1860. 326
• Census, 25 Aug 1860, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States. 326
1) Alexander Rogers, age 73, born MD
2) James Rogers, age 26, oysterman, personal estate $50, born MD
3) Robert Ford, age 19, oysterman, personal estate $50, born MD
4) Robert Rogers, age 28, oysterman, personal estate $50, born MD.
Neighbor is William Rogers, age 59, oysterman.
• Occupation: Farmer, 1870. 327
• Census, 9 Jun 1870, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States. 327
1) Rodgers, James, age 35, farmer, personal estate $75, born MD
2) Rodgers, Mary, age 34, keeping house, born MD
3) Rodgers, Alice, age 2, born MD
4) Rodgers, Ida, age 1, born MD
5) Simms, Denis, age 25, black, farm hand
6) Simms, Alice, age 13, black, farm hand.
Nearby is family of Thomas Rodgers, age 43, Oysterman, with wife Mary S. Rodgers. This is a possible sibling. Also nearby, Sarah E. Rodgers age 20, appears as domestic servant in household of John W. Parks, and Henrietta Rodgers, age 62, appears in household of John E. Cattin. On previous census page is Alexander Rodgers, age 33, oysterman, with wife Koletta, and Robert Rodgers, age 39, oysterman, with wife Gabella.
• Occupation: Oysterman, 1880. 321
• Census, 17 Jun 1880, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States. 321
1) Rogers, James E., age 45, married, oysterman, cannot read or write, born MD, parents born MD
2) Rogers, Mary E., age 35, wife, married, keeping house, cannot read or write, born MD, parents born MD
3) Rogers, Alice B., age 16, daughter, housemaid, born MD
4) Rogers, Ida M., age 14, daughter, housemaid, born MD
5) Rogers, Lucretia, age 12, daughter, born MD
6) Rogers, Charles E., age 10, son, oystering, born MD
7) Rogers, William T.,a ge 8, son, born MD
8) Rogers, Elenora, age 4, daughter, born MD
9) Phipps, Joseph Sr., age 56, boarder, single, carpenter, born MD.
• Census, 1900. Note there is a James Rogers in the 1900 census at Sudley, 2nd Precinct, 8th District, ED 18, Anne Arundel Co, MD, sheet 10B, family 148, but he is not this James, as he also appears in 1880 census separately from the James that is the father of Charles.
James married Mary E. UNKNOWN after 1860.326 (Mary E. UNKNOWN was born circa 1839 in Maryland, United States 142 and died after 1930 142.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage, 18 Jul 1864, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States. 329 James E. Rogers [maybe this one] married Mary B. Ward.