HOOPER, John Curtis Sr.
- Born: 5 Apr 1920, Maryland, United States 98,873
- Marriage: UNKNOWN, Arline on 25 Sep
- Died: 9 Sep 2005 873,874
- Buried: Garrison Forest Veterans Cemetery, Owings Mills, Baltimore County, Maryland 874
Other names for John were Jack,874 HOOPER, John C. 98,99,875 and HOOPER, John C. Sr. 873.,874
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 2 Apr 1930, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. 98
1) Hooper, Laurence C., head of household, rents his apartment at 13 Twenty First Street for $40, has radio, age 33, married, first married at 22, born MD, parents born MD, proprietor for auto repair shop, veteran of world war
2) Hooper, Ida S., wife, age 39, married, first married at 27, born MD, parents born MD
3) Hooper, John C., son, age 9, not attending school, born MD
4) Hooper, Joseph R., son, age 7, attends school, born MD
5) Hooper, Margaret E., daugter, age 5, born MD
6) Hooper, Mary, adopted daughter, age 4 1/12, born MD, parents born MD
7) Hooper, Laurence F. X., son, age 2 5/12, born MD.
• Census, 5 Apr 1940, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. 99
1) Hooper, Laurence C., head of household, rents his home at 2122 Barclay St. for $27, age 43, married, completed 2 years of high school, born MD, living in same place in 1935, during week of 24-30 March worked 54 hours as auto mechanic, in 1939 worked 52 weeks, earned $0, had other income
2) Hooper, Ida I., wife, age 44, married, completed 3 years of high school, born MD, engaged in home housework
3) Hooper, John C., son, age 19, single, not in school, completed 2 years of high school, born MD, during week of 24-30 March worked 24 hours as messenger for telegraph company, during 1939 worked 52 weeks, earned $364, no other income
4) Hooper, Joseph K., son, age 17, attends school, completed 2 years of high school, born MD, student
5) Hooper, Margaret E., daughter, age 15, attending school, completed 1 year of high school, born MD, student
6) Hooper, Mary J., daughter, age 14, attending school, completed 6th grade, born MD, student
7) Hooper, Laurence F. X., son, age 12, attending school, completed 5th grade, born MD.
• Military Service: Enlistment in Army, 18 Oct 1945, Baltimore, Maryland, United States. 875 Enlisted in Infantry as Staff Sergeant.
• Residence: 2923 Forest Glen Rd, 1979, Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
• Obituary: The Baltimore Sun, 11 Sep 2005. 874 HOOPER, John C. On September 9, 2005, JOHN C. "Jack" HOOPER, SR., retired Major US Army; beloved husband of the late Arline Hooper; devoted companion of Betty Mae Svoboda; loving father of Jackie Childers and her husband Rick, Barbara Rigby and her husband Greg, Regina Ronka, Janice Harris and her husband Lee, Agnes Smith and her husband Ed, Donna Wilmsen and her husband David, Beth Weston and her husband Larry, Curt and his wife Nancy, Tom and his wife Sandy, Terry and his wife Kristina, Tim and his companion Martika, Gerry, Kelly and his wife Patrice, Chris and his wife Denise Hooper. Also survived by 34 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren. Friends may call at the family owned David J. Weber Funeral Home, P.A., 5311 Edmondson Avenue, on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3 to 5 and 7 to 9 P.M. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated in All Saints Church, on Thursday at 9:30 A.M. Interment Garrison Forest Veterans Cemetery.
John married Arline UNKNOWN on 25 Sep. (Arline UNKNOWN was born on 4 Dec and died before 2005 874.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Story. Don't know if all these children belong to Jack and Arline. Some could be other children of Lawrence and Adabelle, some could be children of Jack's siblings.