McPHERSON, Enoch 1412
- Born: Abt 1773, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States
- Marriage (1): NEAL, Sarah before 1 Sep 1798 in North Carolina, United States 1427
- Died: Abt 1837, Orange County, North Carolina, United States
Another name for Enoch was Enoch.1412
Noted events in his life were:
1. Will, 14 May 1837, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. 1437 Will of Enoch McPherson is in Orange Co Will Book E, p428, dated 14 May 1837, proved Aug 1837. It mentions wife Sarah, daughter Sarah, daughter Mary (gets "land I purchased of John Pyle"), son Eli (gets "the Nall place"), son James, James' children Enoch, John, Aren, William, and Wright, daughter Phebe (gets "the Dowdy place"), son William (executor). He also frees his two slaves.
2. Story. 579 Enoch McPherson b ca 1773 in Chatham Co, m 1 Sep 1798 Sarah Neal (d/o James Neal). On 15 Jan 1806 he bought 50 acres on the south side of Cain Creek from William McPherson. On 25 Jul 1806 he bought 84 acres nearby from Allen Edwards. On 21 Feb 1807 he bought 37 acres in the same area from Jonathan Lindley. On 29 Apr 1811 he bought 30.5 acres on the south side of Cain Creek from Jehu Pyle. On 16 Mar 1811 he bought 10 acres from James McPherson. On 25 May 1813 he bought 202 acres from James Neal. On 3 Sep 1813 he bought 96 acres from James Lawrence, which he sold to William McPherson on 22 Jul 1819. On 20 Dec 1815 he bought 93 acres on waters of Cain Creek from William and Rebecca Dowdy. On 21 May 1819 he bought tracts of 203 and 279.5 acres from James Neal. On 15 Apr 1825 he sold 25 acres to William McPherson. On 20 Mar 1834 he sold 279.5 acres to William McPherson. Enoch's will was written on 14 May 1837 and probated Aug 1837. Children are Mary, James Neal, Phoebe, William Enoch, Sarah, and Eli.
3. Story. 1435 Spouse name (Sarah Neal), children: Mary m Willis Dark; William Enoch m 22 Jan 1839 to Nancy Dark; Eli; Sarah m Abner Perry.
Enoch married Sarah NEAL, daughter of James NEAL and Mary WRIGHT, before 1 Sep 1798 in North Carolina, United States.1427 (Sarah NEAL died after Mar 1813 1412.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Appearance in Document, 1 Sep 1798, Cane Creek Mtg, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. 1427 Sarah McPherson (formerly Neal) disowned for marriage out of unity.