- Born: 4 Oct 1920, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 4058,5776,5777
- Marriage (1): LACKEY, Gladys Irene
- Died: 1 Jun 2000, Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States 5776,5777
- Buried: 4 Jun 2000, Gilmore Memorial Park, Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina 5767,5777
Other names for James were Pete 5767 and BEAL, Clifford.4054
Noted events in his life were:
1. Alt. Birth, Cir 1920, North Carolina, United States. 4054
2. Appearance in Document: NC Birth Index, 4 Oct 1920, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. 4058 Oct 4 1920, Beal, James Clifford, child of Beal, Charlie Bird, book 13 page 27.
3. Census, 29 Apr 1930, Bear Creek Twp, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. 4054
1) Beal, Charles R., head of household, owns his farm, age 50, married since age 22, born NC, parents born NC, farmer, not a veteran
2) Beal, Nansy C., wife, age 48, married since age 17, born NC, parents born NC
3) Beal, Callie, daughter, age 25, single, born NC
4) Beal, Claud C., son, age 21, single, born NC, laborer at lumber mill, not a veteran
5) Beal, Mattie, daughter, age 19, single, born NC
6) Beal, Williard, son, age 14, attends school, born NC, farm laborer on home farm
7) Beal, Herbert, son, age 12, attends school, born NC
8) Beal, Clifford, son, age 9, attends school, born NC
9) Beal, Ira B., son, age 5, attends school, born NC
10) Beal, Alline, daughter, age 1/12, born NC.
4. Military Service: T Sgt US Marine Corps WW2. 5777
5. Obituary: Greensboro News & Record, 3 Jun 2000, Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States. 5767 Mr. James Clifford "Pete" Beal, 79, died Thursday, June 1, 2000, at Moses Cone Hospital.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 4, 2000, in Gilmore Memorial Park, Julian.
Mr. Beal was of the Baptist faith and was a proud member of the Masons. He was a veteran of World War II, who served in the Pacific as a T/Sergeant for the U.S. Marines. He retired from Wickes Lumber Co. after many years of service.
Mr. Beal was preceded in death by his wife, Gladys L. Beal.
He is survived by his daughter, Brenda Brookbank of Julian; sisters, Nellie King of Greensboro, Madie Scott of Siler City and Allene Poe of Siler City; brother, Arlie Beal of Greensboro; and granddaughter, Melanie Brookbank of Julian.
The family will receive friends from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday, June 3, 2000, at Hanes-Lineberry Vanstory Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to the World War II Veterans Memorial Fund, c/o American Battle Monuments Commission, P.O. Box 96766, Washington, D.C. 20090-6766.
6. Occupation: Wickes Lumber Company. 5767
James married Gladys Irene LACKEY. (Gladys Irene LACKEY was born on 5 May 1918 in Randolph County, North Carolina, United States,5778 died on 2 Aug 1991 5778 and was buried in Gilmore Memorial Park, Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina 5778.)