- Born: 4 Oct 1920, Chatham Co, NC 5410,7788,7789
- Marriage (1): LACKEY, Gladys Irene
- Died: 1 Jun 2000, Greensboro, Guilford Co, NC 7788,7789
- Buried: 4 Jun 2000, Greensboro, Guilford Co, NC 7779,7789
Other names for James were Pete 7779 and BEAL, Clifford.5406
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, cir 1920, North Carolina. 5406
• Appearance in Document: NC Birth Index, 4 Oct 1920, Chatham Co, NC. 5410 Oct 4 1920, Beal, James Clifford, child of Beal, Charlie Bird, book 13 page 27.
• Census, 29 Apr 1930, Bear Creek Twp, Chatham Co, NC. 5406
1) Beal, Charles R., head of household, owns his farm, age 50, married since age 22, born NC, parents born NC, farmer, not a veteran
2) Beal, Nansy C., wife, age 48, married since age 17, born NC, parents born NC
3) Beal, Callie, daughter, age 25, single, born NC
4) Beal, Claud C., son, age 21, single, born NC, laborer at lumber mill, not a veteran
5) Beal, Mattie, daughter, age 19, single, born NC
6) Beal, Williard, son, age 14, attends school, born NC, farm laborer on home farm
7) Beal, Herbert, son, age 12, attends school, born NC
8) Beal, Clifford, son, age 9, attends school, born NC
9) Beal, Ira B., son, age 5, attends school, born NC
10) Beal, Alline, daughter, age 1/12, born NC.
• Military Service: T Sgt US Marine Corps WW2. 7789
• Obituary: Greensboro News & Record, 3 Jun 2000, Greensboro, Guilford Co, NC. 7779 Mr. James Clifford "Pete" Beal, 79, died Thursday, June 1, 2000, at Moses Cone Hospital.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 4, 2000, in Gilmore Memorial Park, Julian.
Mr. Beal was of the Baptist faith and was a proud member of the Masons. He was a veteran of World War II, who served in the Pacific as a T/Sergeant for the U.S. Marines. He retired from Wickes Lumber Co. after many years of service.
Mr. Beal was preceded in death by his wife, Gladys L. Beal.
He is survived by his daughter, Brenda Brookbank of Julian; sisters, Nellie King of Greensboro, Madie Scott of Siler City and Allene Poe of Siler City; brother, Arlie Beal of Greensboro; and granddaughter, Melanie Brookbank of Julian.
The family will receive friends from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday, June 3, 2000, at Hanes-Lineberry Vanstory Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to the World War II Veterans Memorial Fund, c/o American Battle Monuments Commission, P.O. Box 96766, Washington, D.C. 20090-6766.
• Occupation: Wickes Lumber Company. 7779
James married Gladys Irene LACKEY. (Gladys Irene LACKEY was born on 5 May 1918 in Randolph Co, NC,7790 died on 2 Aug 1991 7790 and was buried in Greensboro, Guilford Co, NC 7790.)