GUTHRIE, Jabez Garfield
- Born: 1 Feb 1882, North Carolina, United States 1263
- Marriage (1): RAY, Mollie
- Died: 26 Apr 1941 1263
- Buried: Chatham Mtg Cemetery, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 1263
Other names for Jabez were GUTHRIE, J. L. 1272 and GUTHRIE, Jabes G..1270
Tombstone at Chatham Mtg says Jabez Garfield Guthrie, b 2-1-1882, d 4-26-1941, husband of Mollie. He was son of Alfred Guthrie and Jemima Teague. Adjacent tombstone says Mollie Ray Guthrie, wife of Jabez.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 19 Jun 1900, Newlin Twp, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 1270
1) Guthrie, Alfred L., head of household, born Mar 1845, age 55, married for 27 years, born NC, parents born NC, farmer, owns his farm
2) Guthrie, Jemima L., wife, born Oct 1849, age 50, married for 27 years, 10 children, 8 living, born NC, parents born NC
3) Guthrie, Dora B., daughter, born Dec 1875, age 24, single, born NC
4) Guthrie, Charley G., son, born Nov 1877, age 22, single, born NC, day laborer
5) Guthrie, Oliver C., son, born Dec 1879, age 20, single, born NC, farm laborer
6) Guthrie, Jabes G., son, born Feb 1882, age 18, single, born NC, farm laborer
7) Guthrie, Nancy C., daughter, born Feb 1884, age 16, born NC
8) Guthrie, John H., son, born July 1886, age 13, born NC, farm laborer
9) Guthrie, George N., son, born May 1889, age 11, born NC, farm laborer
10) Guthrie, William R., son, born Nov 1894, age 5, born NC
11) Guthrie, Candis, aunt, born May 1824, age 76, single, born NC.
2. Census, 1930, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. Jabe Guthrie is 48, owns his $1500 home in Graham, married first at age 28, miller at hosiery mill. Living with him are wife Molly (51, married first at age 33), daughter Ella Mae (19, single, hosiery mill laborer), daughter Elsie Rae (17), son William (15), and a boarder Lucy Perry (24, single, cotton mill laborer). (Alamance Co, Graham Twp, Graham town, ED 8, sheet 575)
3. Residence, 1933, Graham, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 1272
4. Occupation: Hosiery Mill worker.
Jabez married Mollie RAY. (Mollie RAY was born on 31 Aug 1878,1263 died on 29 May 1945 1263 and was buried in Chatham Mtg Cemetery, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 1263.)