(Abt 1807-After 1870)
CARTER, Mariah* 4547
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census, 1830, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Horace Fooshee entry includes 1 male 20-30 [Horace], 1 male under 5 [Jasper] and 1 female 20-30 [Mariah]. (Chatham Co, p392)
2. Appearance in Document: Allotments from estate of Horace Fooshee, May 1848, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. 4551 Identifies widow of Horace Fooshee as Moriah Fooshee, and grants her one year of support, twenty seven barrels of corn, ten bushels of wheat, one cow, one horse, one thousand pounds of bacon, and estimates that the administrator shall purchase for said widow 75 pounds of coffee, twenty five pounds of sugar, 3 pounds pepper, two pounds of spices, one [unreadable] of ginger, ten gallons of molasses, 25 pounds of lard, one sack of salt, twenty punds of rice. Allots to her many other items, including cooking utensils, furniture, knives and forks, cups and saucers, plates, broom.
3. Census, 14 Sep 1850, South District, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 3493
4. Census, 14 Jul 1860, Middle Division, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. 4548
5. Census, 22 Aug 1870, Newlin Twp, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 4549
Mariah* married Horace* FOUSHEE, son of Family FOUSHEE and Unknown, before 1828. (Horace* FOUSHEE was born between 1800 and 1810 in North Carolina, United States 4547 and died between 1846 and 1848 3493,4551.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Disproved Marriage. There is a marriage of Charles S Fooshee and Mariah Dowd on 13 Nov 1839, listed in Chatham County NC Marriages 1772-1868 by Brent Holcomb. This would seem to prove that Charles and Mariah could not be the parents of Frances, who was born in 1836.