Jehu Barnes died in 1833 in Parke Co, IN. His will is in Will Book 1, p2-3. (specified in High School thesis paper in Alexander Co, NC)
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 1810, Burke County, North Carolina, United States. John Barnes is in Burke Co, NC. Entry says 3m < 10, 1m 10-16, 2m 16-26, 1m 26-45, 1m >45, 2f < 10, 1f 10-16, 1f 16-26, 1f >45. Several Teague and Austin families nearby. (Burke Co Census, p307)
2. Appearance in Document, 1815, Burke County, North Carolina, United States. 1815 Burke Co Tax Lists, Jahue Barnes has 200 acres of land on middle little River, valued at $300. He is in Capt. Teague's Company, an area now in Alexander and Caldwell Counties. The same area includes Nimrod Teague, William Teague, Isaac Teague, Moses Teague, Elijah Teague, and Nathan Austin.
3. Census, 1820, Burke County, North Carolina, United States. Jehu Barns is in Burke Co, with entry 1m 10-16, 1m 16-26, 1m >45, 2f 16-26, 1f >45. (Burke Co Census, p69)
Jehu married Luranna TEAGUE, daughter of Edward TEAGUE and Lurannah VAN SWEARINGEN.
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story. 68 Lurannah Teague, daughter of Edward and Lurannah, married Jehu Barnes.
2. Story. 70 Luranna Teague, daughter of Edward Jr and Sarah, married Jehu Barnes.