|PHILLIPS, Roxie Lovenia
PHILLIPS, Roxie Lovenia
Cause of her death was Subarachnoid Hemorrhage.4177
Noted events in her life were:
1. Alt. Birth, May 1894, North Carolina, United States. 4178
2. Census, 9 Jun 1900, South Hillsboro Twp, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. 4178
3. Census, 27 Apr 1910, Gilmer Twp, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States. 4173
4. Census, 7 Jan 1920, Spencer, Rowan County, North Carolina, United States. 4172
5. Census, 3 Apr 1930, Spencer, Rowan County, North Carolina, United States. 4174
6. Appearance in Document: Death Certificate, 7 Feb 1955, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States. 4177 Roxie Phillips Beal, born May 29 1894 in Chatham County, NC, daughter of Thomas M. Phillips and Margaret Hughes, resident of 717 Dillard Street, Greensboro, Guilford County, NC, married, died 1-11-55 at Wesley Long Hospital, Greensboro. Informant Mr. J. J. Beal of same address. Died of Subarachnoid Hemorrrhage. Buried 1-13-55 at Guilford Memorial Park.
7. Story. Roxie L. Phillips was the eighth child of Thomas Manly Phillips and Margaret Hughes Phillips of Chatham County, NC. She was the granddaughter of Allen Warren Phillips of Moore County and Mary Ann Borroughs of Chatham County. She married Joseph John (Joe) Beal of Chatham County and lived her married life in Guilford County, NC. Joe was a half brother of my grandfather, Lonnie Caleb Beal also of Guilford County, NC. Roxie was a first cousin to Lonnie Caleb Beal's wife, Isa Eunice Phillips Beal my grandmother. Roxie was a direct descendant of John and Patience Phillips who received a Royal Land Grant from King George III of England for land on the north bank of Deep River in Moore County, NC. (posted at Find a Grave website)
Roxie married Joseph John BEAL, son of Caleb Robert* BEAL and Sarah Frances SMITH*, on 14 Aug 1909. (Joseph John BEAL was born on 28 Feb 1891 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States,3599 died on 8 Aug 1956 in Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States 3599 and was buried on 10 Aug 1956 in Guilford Memorial Park, Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina 3599.). The cause of his death was Pulmonary Infarction.4177
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story, 14 Aug 1909. 2224 Joseph John Beal married Roxie Lovenia Phillips. (personal knowledge of Minnie Beal).