|SISTARE, Nancy Jane
Noted events in her life were:
1. Alt. Birth, Oct 1879, North Carolina, United States. 3840
2. Census, 15 Jun 1880, Buford Twp, Union County, North Carolina, United States. 3840
3. Alt. Birth, 1897. 3707 Cannot be correct, as she is 20 in 1900 Census.
4. Census, 14 Jun 1900, Buford Twp, Union County, North Carolina, United States. 3839
5. Census, 25 Apr 1910, Buford Twp, Union County, North Carolina, United States. 3841
6. Census, 5 Jan 1920, Buford Twp, Union County, North Carolina, United States. 3699
7. Property: Purchased 45 acres from E. A. Helms Estate, 30 Mar 1925, Union County, North Carolina, United States. 214 On 5 Jan 1925, Nancy Jane Helms, administrator of the estate of E. A. Helms, deceased, filed a petition to sell land that was part of the estate in order to pay debts incurred by the estate. The petition was filed by Nancy both as administrator and as widow, against Laura Helms and husband Josiah Helms, Josie Helms and husband James Helms, Raymond Helms and wife Naomi Helms, Maylon A. Helms and wife Ellie Jane Helms, Carrie Harkey, Della McCain and Claud M. McCain, Nettie Reader and husband W. C. Reader, Eula Simpson, Cora Simpson, Thelma Ray Helms, Eugene Helms and Grace Helms, all hiers at law. The petition claims that the outstanding debts are about $661 and the value of the estate is nothing. The land is 45 acres, which was conveyed to E. A. Helms by J. T. Marks and wife on 22 Dec 1919, valued at about $1000. The petition names the heirs as Laura Helms, Josie Helms, Raymond Helms, Maylon A. Helms, Carrie Harkey, Della McCain, Nettie Reader, Eula Simpson, Cora Simpson, Thelma Ray Helms, Eugene Helms, and Grace Helms, with the last three being minors who live with their father Raymond C. Helms in Darlington County SC. Court documents indicate that Josie Helms and her husband James Helms are not in Union County. A guardian, W. O. Lemmond, is named to represent the interests of the minors on 24 Feb 1925. The sale of the land is ordered on 25 Feb 1925, and subsequently purchased by Nancy Jane Helms on 30 Mar 1925 for $750. The sale is confirmed by the court on 20 April 1925.
8. Census, 1930, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States. Nannie C Helms [maybe this one] is 46, b SC, head of household, widow, dairy worker, living alone. (Harriet St, family 191, District 18, Charlotte, Mecklenburg Co, NC)
9. Census, 3 Apr 1940, Buford Twp, Union County, North Carolina, United States. 3838
10. Appearance in Document: Death Certificate, 6 Jan 1966, Cleveland County, North Carolina, United States. 3701 Nancy Jane Helms, born 8/23/1879, child of Henry Washington Sistare and Mary Ann Wallace, wife of R. A. Helms, domestic, resident of R#1, Kings Mtn., Cleveland County, NC, widowed, died 22 Dec 1965 at Kings Mountain Hospital, Kings Mtn., Cleveland County, NC. Died of cerebral vascular accident. Buried on 12/23/65 at Oak View, Kings Mtn. Informant Mrs. Fred Wells, Kings Mountain.
Nancy married Evan Alexander* HELMS, son of Allen J.* HELMS and Sarah* WINCHESTER, on 16 Dec 1914 in Lancaster County, South Carolina, United States. (Evan Alexander* HELMS was born on 29 Oct 1846 in Monroe, Union County, North Carolina, United States,209 died on 8 Aug 1924 in Buford Twp, Union County, North Carolina, United States 209,3690 and was buried in Waxhaw Baptist Church (Roundtop), Union County, North Carolina, United States 3690.). The cause of his death was Stroke of Paralysis.