SCOTT, James Alfred 5161
- Born: 16 Oct 1850, North Carolina, United States 5161
- Marriage: BOROUGHS, Sarah Elizabeth
- Died: 4 Jul 1934, Graham, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States 5161
- Buried: Hiram Phillips Cemetery, Bear Creek, Chatham County, North Carolina 5161
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, Jun 1880, Bear Creek Twp, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. 3944
1) Scott, James A., age 29, married, farmer, born NC, parents born NC
2) Scott, Sarah E., age 28, wife, married, keeping house, born NC, parents born NC
3) Scott, Eliza A., age 8, daughter, born NC
4) Scott, Melinda A., age 5, daughter, born NC
5) Scott, Henry M., age 4, son, born NC
6) Scott, Archibald W., age 2, son, born NC
7) Scott, John C., age 2, son, born NC.
2. Obituary, 5 Jul 1934, Burlington, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 5161 OBIT FROM THE BURLINGTON DAILY TIMES-NEWS, THURSDAY, JULY 5, 1934
JAMES ALFRED SCOTT
Funeral services for James Alfred Scott, 83, who died at 8 o'clock yesterday morning at the home of his son, George Scott in Graham, after an illness of five days, were conducted at noon today, at the residence of George Scott, by the Rev. N. G. Bethea, pastor of the Fountain Place M. P. Church. Interment was in the Community cemetery near Siler City.
He is survived by the following children: Mrs. Annie Smith, Mrs. Malinda Smith of Bear Creek, Mrs. Thomas A. Longest of Graham, Mrs. H. L. Webster of Gibsonville, H. M. Scott, J. C. Scott, A. W. P. Scott, all of Burlington, George A. Scott of Graham; also three brothers, Ira Scott, Emsley and John Scott of Bear Creek, and sister, Miss Nancy Scott of Bear Creek. Thirty-eight grandchildren and 53 great-grandchildren also survive.
3. Occupation: Farmer. 3944
James married Sarah Elizabeth BOROUGHS. (Sarah Elizabeth BOROUGHS was born on 22 Apr 1852 in North Carolina, United States,5160 died on 7 Jun 1892 5160 and was buried in Hiram Phillips Cemetery, Bear Creek, Chatham County, North Carolina 5160.)