DZIECHCIOWSKI, Elizabeth 4918,4925
- Born: 11 May 1924, Cohoes, Albany County, New York, United States 4928
- Marriage: GORCZYNSKI, Joseph E. on 13 Oct 1945 in Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Utica, Oneida County, New York 4928
- Died: 5 Jun 2010 4928
- Buried: Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Utica, Oneida County, New York 4928
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census, 7 Apr 1930, Utica, Oneida County, New York, United States. 4918
1) Dziechciowski, Anthony, head of household, owns his home at 1004 Schuyler St., valued at $4000, age 42, married, first married at 19, born Poland, parents born Poland, spoke Polish growing up, immigrated 1902, naturalized, speaks English, weaver at Utica Cotton Mill, not a veteran
2) Dziechciowski, Victoria, wife, age 39, first married at 16, born Poland, parents born Poland, spoke Polish growing up, immigrated 1912, naturalized, speaks English, no occupation
3) Dziechciowski, Madeline, daughter, age 17, attends school, born NY
4) Dziechciowski, Walter, son, age 16, attends school, born NY
5) Dziechciowski, Catherine, daughter, age 14, attends school, born NY
6) Dziechciowski, Kasmer, son, age 12, attends school, born NY
7) Dziechciowski, Adolph, son, age 10, attends school, born NY
8) Dziechciowski, Veronica, daughter, age 8, born NY
9) Dziechciowski, Elizabeth, daughter, age 5, born NY
10) Dziechciowski, Lewis, son, age 3, born NY
11) Dziechciowski, Jane, daughter, age 1/12, born NY.
2. Census, 15 Apr 1940, Utica, Oneida County, New York, United States. 4925
1) Dziechciowski, Anthony, head of household, rents his home at 1004 Schuyler St. for $17, age 54, married, completed 2nd grade, born Poland, lived in same house in 1935, during week of 24-30 March worked 32 hours as weaver at cotton mill, did not work in 1939
2) Dziechciowski, Victoria, wife, age 48, married, completed 2nd grade, born Poland, engaged in home housework
3) Dziechciowski, Kasmier, son, age 22, single, completed 1 year of high school, born NY, during week of 24-30 March worked 40 hours in general work at meat house, during 1939 worked 35 weeks, earned $725
4) Dziechciowski, Adolph, son, age 20, single, completed 4 years of high school, born NY, during week of 24-30 March worked 30 hours as assistant at bowling alley, during 1939 worked 36 weeks, earned $360
5) Dziechciowski, Veronica, daughter, age 17, complted 4 years of high school, born NY, during week of 24-30 March worked 40 hours as sewer at wollen mill, did not work during 1939
6) Dziechciowski, Elizabeth, daughter, age 15, attends school, completed 2 years of high school, born NY, student
7) Dziechciowski, Louis, son, age 14, attends school, completed 8th grade, born NY, student
8) Dziechciowski, Irene, daughter, age 10, attends school, completed 4th grade, born NY.
3. Residence, 2007, New Hartford, Oneida County, New York, United States. 4913
4. Obituary: Rome Sentinel, 7 Jun 2010, Rome, Oneida County, New York, United States. 4928 NEW HARTFORD \emdash Elizabeth (Betty) Gorczynski, 86, a lifelong area resident died on Saturday, June 5, 2010 at home with her loving family at her side.
She was born in Cohoes, NY on May 11. 1924, the daughter of Anthony and Victoria Cieslak Dziechciowski and graduated from UFA in 1942. On October 13, 1945 she was married to Joseph E. (Scotty) Gorczynski in Holy Trinity Church a loving union shared for over 36 years. He died in 1981. Elizabeth was a member of Holy Trinity Church.
Betty will always be affectionately remembered as the "Candy Store Lady" and missed by her friends known as the Cozy Corner gang. She will always be remembered as a loving wife, mother and grandmother. Her joy was whistling while she did her washing and ironing.
Her survivors include a daughter, Dr. Amy Gorczynski of New Hartford, two sons, John and his wife Michelle Gorczynski of Rome, NY and Jeffrey and his wife Nancy Gorczynski of Bethlehem, PA and; two brothers, Louis and his wife Jessie Jeff and Adolf Jeff, all of Rochester; a sister Veronica and her husband Anthony Kwiat of Whitesboro. Four grandchildren, Rebecca, Sarah, Nicholas and Stephanie; two great-grandchildren, Alex and Dylan Elizabeth.
She was predeceased by three sisters, Madeline Uskowski, Irene Sutkowski and Catherine Wereszynski; two brothers, Walter Jeff and Kazimer Jeff.
Amy would like to express her sincere appreciation to her caretakers Donna, Angie, Dawn, Gladys and especially Halina for their care and support shown to Betty through out her illness. Elizabeth's caretakers not only cared for her but also loved her as if she was their family. Elizabeth's family would also like to express their sincere appreciation to Dr. Fred Talerico and Pat Rosati, NP for their excellent care and kindness given to Elizabeth and her family.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. at the Kowalczyk Funeral Home, 1156 Lincoln Avenue, Utica, and at 9:30 a.m. at Holy Trinity Church, where a Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated. Relatives and friends may call on Tuesday from 3 until 7 pm. Burial will take place in Holy Trinity Cemetery.
Elizabeth married Joseph E. GORCZYNSKI on 13 Oct 1945 in Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Utica, Oneida County, New York.4928 (Joseph E. GORCZYNSKI died in 1981 4928.)