Noted events in her life were:
1. Census, 1800, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Edward Teague entry includes 1 female 26-45 [Margaret]. (Chatham Co, p195)
2. Probate, Feb 1805, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Chatham County February Session 1805. Ordered that Thomas Rives and Justice of the Peace and the following three ?holders Jacob McDaniel, Samuel McDaniel and Jacob Teague lay off and appropriate to Peggy Teague widow and relict of Edward Teague dec'd one years provision and report to next court. "We the Commissioners appointed by an order of Chatham Court February Session 1805 Do hereby allow Peggy Teague widow of Edward Teague Deceased for one years provisions Twenty Barrels of Corn 540 lbs. of pork 20 lbs of sugar 20(?) lbs of Coffee the milk of three cows. witness our hands and seals this 7th day of March 1805. Tho Rives, Jacob McDaniel, Samuel McDaniel"
3. Census, 1810, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Margarite Teague, age 26-45, living with 2 males 10-16 [unknown], 1 male 26-45 [Edward or John], 2 females 10-16 [unknown], and 1 female 16-26 [Susannah?] (Chatham Co, p192)
Margaret* married Edward* TEAGUE, son of Family TEAGUE and Unknown, about 1783. (Edward* TEAGUE was born about 1755 and died about 1804 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States.)
Margaret* next married Steven JOHNSTON on 6 May 1812 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States.
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Marriage License, 6 May 1812, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Peggy Teague bonded to Stephen Johnston, bondsman Hezekiah Dorset, witness Thos Ragland (NC Marriage Bonds, #20136, record 1:020)
2. Marriage Notice, 6 May 1812, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Faye Teague Caynor reports finding a marriage for a Peggy Teague, relict of Edward, who married Stephen Johnson on 5/6/1812, recorded in Chatham Co. The Bondsman was Hezekiah Dorset. Witness was Thos Ragland. The record says "Johnston: M in Chatham County, on the 7th inst., Mr. Stephen Johnston to Mrs. Petty Teague, relict of the late Edward Teague. RR Fri 22 May 1812. MB Chatham Co. _________ _______ 6 May 1812 Hezekiah Dorset (w) Thos. Ragland". The record says Petty Teague but the index has Peggy Teague. RR is the Raleigh Register. Faye found that information in Vol 1 of the Abstracts of Vital Records from Raleigh NC Newspapers 1799-1819, compiled by Lois S. Neal, page 269.
3. Story. 2nd husband name (Steven Johnston), married 6 May 1812 in Chatham Co, from Teague Genealogy by Burton Newlin, citing letter by Mrs. Gutherie in 1931 in Teague Family Memorial Association, 1804 Inventory of estate in Chatham Co, 1805 Feb Sessions Widows Allowance Chatham Co, NC, 1850 Census of Chatham Co.