- Born: 14 Jul 1925, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 4349
- Marriage: PERRY, Bartialette
- Died: 26 Jan 2003, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States
- Buried: South Fork Cemetery, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States
Noted events in his life were:
1. Appearance in Document: NC Birth Index, 14 Jul 1925, Hadley Twp, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. 4349 Jul 14 1925, Lindley, Garvin Gyles, child of Lindley, John Percy, Hadley Twp, book 10 page 634.
2. Obituary, 26 Jan 2003. Garvin Gyles Lindley, 77, of 3066 Woody Store Road, died Sunday, Jan. 26, 2003, at his home. Funeral service will be 3 p.m. Wednesday at South Fork Friends Church, Snow Camp, where he was a member, with the Rev. Rodney Powell and the Rev. Tim Strider officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. He was a native of Chatham County, the widower of Bartialette Perry Lindley and a farmer. He was a member of the William Penn Sunday School class at his church, a World War II U.S. Army veteran and a member of the American Legion. Surviving are daughters, Sue Nelson, Brenda Szilvay, both of Siler City, Nina Jones of Bennett; brother, Marvin Lindley of Siler City; sister, Nena Woody of Siler City; six grandchildren; one great-grandchild. The family will be at Smith & Buckner Funeral Home, Siler City, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday. Memorials may be made to NC Blind Association, Division of Services for the Blind, Raleigh District Office, 309 Ashe Ave., Raleigh, N.C. 27606.
Garvin married Bartialette PERRY. (Bartialette PERRY was born circa 1930 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States, died on 13 Dec 2002 in Moore County, North Carolina, United States and was buried in South Fork Cemetery, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States.)