BEAL, Hurley Chalmers 4582,4714
- Born: 6 Sep 1896, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States 4582
- Marriage (1): GROVE, Eva before 1935 4582
- Marriage (2): SHEPHERD, Carrie on 15 Nov 1935 4582
- Died: 10 Dec 1953, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States 4582,4714
- Buried: 11 Dec 1953, Floral Garden Memorial Park, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina 4582,4714
Cause of his death was Cancer.4714
Noted events in his life were:
1. Alt. Birth, Sep 1896, North Carolina, United States. 2781
2. Alt. Birth, 5 Sep 1896, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 4714
3. Alt. Birth, 9 Sep 1896, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 4582
4. Census, 9 Jul 1900, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States. 2781
1) Beal, Lonnie, head of household, born Mar 1874, age 25, married for 4 years, born NC, parents born NC, machinist, rents his home at 35 "No Name" street
2) Beal, Isa, wife, born Oct 1877, age 22, married for 4 years, 2 children, 2 living, born NC, parents born NC
3) Beal, Hurlie, son, born Sept 1896, age 3, born NC
4) Beal, Claron, son, born Jan 1878, age 1, born NC.
5. Census, 28 Apr 1910, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States. 2782
1) Beal, Lonnie C., head of household, age 34, married for 14 years, born NC, parents born NC, owns his home at 607 Park Street, glazier
2) Beal, Isa, wife, age 32, married for 14 years, 5 children, 5 living, born NC, parents born NC
3) Beal, Hurley C., son, age 13, born NC, attends school
4) Beal, Claran V., son, age 11, born NC, attends school
5) Beal, Paul F., son, age 9, born NC, attends school
6) Beal, Dillard T., son, age 6, born NC
7) Beal, Edna M., daughter, age 4, born NC.
6. Obituary. 4582 Hurley Chalmers Beal, 57, died in High Point Memorial Hospital this morning at 5:15 o'clock. He had been in declining health for several months and in a serious condition for a few days.
Mr. Beal was born in Alamance County Sept 9 1896, the son of Lonnie C. and Isa Phillips Beal. On Nov 15, 1935 he was married to Miss Carrie Shepherd. He was a radio technician.
Surviving are his wife; two daughters, Mrs. Harry F. Clauser of Wineland, N.J., and Miss Nancy Lee Beal of High Point; three grandchildren; the parents, Mr. and Mrs. Lonnie Beal of High Point; three brothers, Clarion and L. M. Beal, both of High Point, and D. T. Beal of Philadelphia, Pa.; four sisters, Mrs. Edna Dowdy and Mrs. Carleen Palmer, both of High Point, Mrs. Paul Cassell of Asheville, and Mrs. Timothy Leach of Frankfort, Germany.
Funeral services will be held in the Sechrest chapel Friday afternoon at 3 o'clock by Dr. Roy E. Watts, pastor of First Presbyterian Church. Interment will be in loral Garden Park Cemetery. The body will be returend to the home, 506 Denny St., late this afternoon and will be placed in the chapel [torn] minues prior to the service.
7. Occupation: Radio Technician. 4582,4714
8. Story. 4582 Hurley Beal was the eldest child of Lonnie Caleb and Isa Eunice Phillips Beal. He was the grandson of Caleb Robert Beal and Rebecca Jane Smith Beal of Bear Creek, NC and James Allen Phillips and Cornelia Jane Brown Phillips of Chatham County, NC. He married Eva Grove and had one daughter and later married Carrie Shepherd and had one daughter. His siblings were Virgil Claron Beal, Paul Franklin Beal, Dillard Truman Beeal, Edna Mae Beal Dowdy, Carleen Adale Beal Palmer, Lamar Maurice Beal, Mary Edith Beal Cassell and Margaret Elizabeth Beal Leach.
9. Appearance in Document: Death Certificate, 14 Dec 1953, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States. 4714 Hurley Chalmers Beal, born Sept 5 1896 in Alamance County, NC, son of Lonnie C. Beal and Isa Phillips, resident of 506 Denny Street, High Point, Guilford County, NC, radio technician in radio repair business, married, died 12-10-53 at High Point Memorial Hospital, High Point. Died of carcinoma. Informant Mrs. Carris S. Beal of High Point. Buried 12-11-1953 at Floral Garden Park, High Point.
Hurley married Eva GROVE before 1935.4582
Hurley next married Carrie SHEPHERD on 15 Nov 1935.4582 (Carrie SHEPHERD was born on 9 Nov 1911,4715 died on 29 Dec 1997 4715 and was buried in Floral Garden Memorial Park, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina 4715.)