|PRINCE, Ella F.
PRINCE, Ella F.
Daughter of Dr Prince of Fuqua, NC. (personal knowledge of Gladys Lindley)
She is not mentioned in husband Noel Gainey's will in 1929, and Noel is "widowed" in 1930 Census.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Alt. Birth, 3 Feb 1858. 702
2. Census, 1880, Harnett County, North Carolina, United States. Ella F Prince is 22, single, keeping house, the daughter of Mors L V Prince and Elizabeth J Prince. She has a sister Claudia and a brother Junius [which makes me more convinced that this is the correct Ella Prince, as Ella and Noel use those names for their own children]. (Harnett Co, Buckhorn Twp, NC, p85D)
3. Property, 25 Nov 1884, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. "Whereas W E Gainey has purchased the right and interest of W J D Haywood and wife V A Haywood, Noel Gainey and wife Ella Gainey of Cumberland Co and R Spencer and wife of the county of Harnett in the estate of John A Gainey deceased, this indenture made this 25 Nov 1884." They all sell to W E Gainey half interest in a tract conveyed by Elias Gainey to W E Gainey and J A Gainey by deed dated 3 Sept 1883. Part paid now, part paid later. (Cumberland Co Deed book 77, p255)
4. Census, 9 Jun 1900, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. 699
5. Census, 10 Apr 1910, Flea Hill Twp, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. 700
6. Occupation: Teacher. 608 She was a teacher, and taught Oscar Haywood when he was young.
Ella married Noel GAINEY, son of Elias* GAINEY and Elizabeth A.* UNKNOWN, about 1883 698,699.,700 (Noel GAINEY was born on 2 Feb 1853 in Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States,690,691,694,698,701 died on 22 Mar 1931 701 and was buried in Cross Creek Cemetery, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States 701.)