|REGISTER, Daniel C.
(Abt 1814-Abt 1885)
REGISTER, Daniel C.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Appearance in Document, Oct 1843, Bladen County, North Carolina, United States. Daniel Register is among the members of Beaverdam Baptist Church that are dismissed to found Briar Branch Baptist Church, both churches in Bladen County. The list of members that are dismissed includes Daniel L. Smith, Daniel Smith, Daniel Register, George W. Downing, William D. Smith, Sarah A. Smith, Mary A. Downing, Elizabeth Smith, Anna M. Tatum, Elsa McLemore, May J. Tatum, Mary Register, John Smith Sr., Evin Downing, John H. Tatum, William J. Cowan, John D. Smith, Mary Smith, Susan Smith, Martha Smith, Elizabeth A. Downing, Susan Smith Sr., James Smith, Theophlus Tatum, Wright McLemore, John Downing, James S. Beard, Milton J. Smith, Thomas B. Cowan, Mary Downing, Pen[n]y Hayes, Claressa Beard, Susan Smith, Zillpha Smith. (posted at Bladen Co Rootweb site)
2. Census, 17 Sep 1850, Western Division, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. 678
3. Census, 1860, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. Daniel Register, age 46, farmer, real estate 75, property 75, living with Jane (49), Zilpha (18), Wm O (15), Clara L (13), Danl J (11), Mary E (10), and Hanah A (6). (Cumberland Co, Cumb East, Fayetteville Po, P345)
4. Census, 1870, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. Daniel Register is 56, farmer, b NC, with Jane (56, keeping house), Hannah (16). (Fayetteville PO, Rockfish Twp, Cumberland Co, NC, family 392)
5. Census, 1880, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. D C Register, age 66, farmer, with wife Jane (68, keeping house). Also in household are E C Howard (30, son-in-law, laborer), daughter Hannah Howard (24, at home), grandson Eddie Howard (2), and grandson Danl C Howard (7). (Cumberland Co, Grays Creek Twp, Ed 61, Sheet 10, Line 45)
6. Occupation: Farmer. 678
7. Religion: Baptist.
Daniel married Jane SMITH, daughter of John G.* SMITH and Susan* McLEMORE. (Jane SMITH was born on 12 Jun 1812 in Bladen County, North Carolina, United States and died on 3 Dec 1896 in Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States.)