Son of George Hagood Jr and Martha.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Appearance in Document, 21 Mar 1785, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. Deed from Jesse Neville to Mark Cooper of Cumberland Co, 150 acres on both sides of Bird Branch [same area as above deed] ...path to old meeting house where Jesse Hagwood first lived, along said path to meeting house that he had of Bird Hagwood. (Orange Co Deed Book 2, p185)
2. Appearance in Document, 12 Dec 1788, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. Deed from Mark Cooper to Jesse Nevill mentions Jesse Hagwood, Bird Hagwood, and "red oak formerly called Hagwood's corner" (Orange Co Deed Book 4, p277) [this supports the idea that Jesse and Bird are George's sons, as he was associated with Hagwood's corner]
3. Census, 1790, Montgomery County, North Carolina, United States. Bird Haywood (1 male over 16 [Bird], 5 males under 16, 4 females). At least one transcription of the census shows name as "Haygood". (Salisbury District, Montgomery Co)
4. Appearance in Document, 13 Aug 1800, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. Deed from Jesse Nevill of Orange Co, planter, to John Wilson, 75 acres on waters of Morgans Creek ... a dividing line made by old George Hogwood betwixt his son Bird and Partin ... (Orange Co Deed Book 9, p257)
5. Appearance in Document, 2 May 1801, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. Deed from John Nevill of Orange Co to Solomon Nevill of same, 300 acres, Samuel Parker, Bird Hogwood, and James Blackwood to Jesse Nevill ... (Orange Co Deed Book 9, p313)
6. Residence, 1802, Montgomery County, North Carolina, United States. A historical Montgomery County map shows an entry for "1802 Bird Haywood" on west side of Little River, about 1 mile north of meeting with Thickety Creek.
7. Census, 1810, Montgomery County, North Carolina, United States. B Hagood [maybe this one] as age 45 and over, living with 1 male 16-26 and 1 female 45 and over (Montgomery Co, p574)
8. Story. Posted by Lydia Sides on Haywood Genforum November 18, 1998: Could anyone tell me if they know the name of the wife of Byrd Haywood, b. ca 1750 Brunswick Co., VA - d. 1816 Montgomery Co., NC? He is supposedly buried nearby the Haywood Plantation house but I don't know where or if his grave is marked.
9. Story. Posted by Brenda McLendon at Haywood Genforum on December 04, 1998: I am interested in Byrd Haywood, such as who were his parents, who was his wife, children, etc. My line goes like this: Byrd Haywood, 1750-1816; Jesse Haywood, 1783-1854; William Haywood, 1809-1888; Thaddeus Franklin Haywood, 1831-1913; Elizabeth Haywood Byrd, 1852-1901; Caroline Byrd Robinson, 1871-1900/03; Lacy Mason Robinson, 1890-1959; Anna Robinson Kelly, 1919 (my mother).
10. Story. Posted by Lucy Barron on Haywood Genforum (www.genforum.com/haywood) May 01, 1998: John HAYWOOD was a son of Bird HA(Y)GOOD. Bird was son of George and descends from the immigrant Nicholas HAWKWOOD (HOGWOOD).
11. Story. Bird (Byrd) Hagood (Haywood), son of George Jr and Martha, b ca 1750 Brunswick Co, VA, d 1816. Issue: John, b ca 1781; Jesse, b ca 1783 - 1854, Montgomery Co, NC; Partin, b ca 1785 - d 1865, Carroll Co, TN; Patsy, b ca 1786/87; unknown daughter, b 1788; George Braddock, b ca 1790, d 1875 Carroll Co, TN; Thomas, b ca 1792; James, b ca 1795. (from research by James Haywood, sent to me by Brenda McLendon. He is not sure about parents of Bird)
12. Story. Bird/Byrd Hagood/Haywood was born in Brunswick County, Va. ca-1750, the eldest son of George Hagood, Jr. Bird lived in Orange County until ca-1788, at which time he emigrated to Montgomery Co., NC. Bird lived and prospered on this plantation where he died in 1816. He and other early day family members are buried on the property about one mile from the family mansion. Children: John, b ca 1781; Jesse, b ca 1783; Partain, b ca 1784; Patsy, b ca 1786; unknown daughter, b ca 1788; Geo. B., b ca 1790; Thomas, b ca 1792; James, b ca 1795. (from research by James Haywood, provided to me by Brenda McLendon)
13. Story. Posted by Lu Cole on Haywood Genforum April 09, 1999: Byrd Haygood/Haywood was born ca 1745/50 in Brunswick Co, VA, s/o George Jr and Martha (Milly) Bird. Byrd (Bird)'s children were Jesse ca 1780/81, John ca 1782/83, Partin (Calvin) born 1784/85 (my ancestor), Patsy ca 1785/86, George Braddock ca 1789/90, Thomas ca 1791/92, James ca 1793/94. My information comes form "Haywood Family Roots, Traces and Trails..West from Virginia, 1650....1992, and Its Many Affilliated Branches" by James Eldred Haywood.
14. Story. Some believe that Bird (Byrd) was named after his mothers side of the family, the Byrd line. His mother is believed to have been Milly Byrd Hagood. The Byrd family always seemed to be in close proximity to the Hagood family in VA, NC and TN. (from research by James Haywood, provided to me by Brenda McLendon)
15. Story. Posted at Haywood Genforum by Elaine Flynn (email@example.com) on 26 Apr 2001: I am interested in locating any old photographs of the house known as HAYWOOD PLANTATION, located on Thickety Creek Road in Mt. Gilead, NC (across from the Haywood Family Cemetery), parts of which were built by Byrd Haywood in 1780.
16. Story. Posted at Haywood Genforum by Patricia Greene Parsons on May 27, 2002: The Haywood Plantation is well-documented in the Montgomery County Heritage Book Series. There are now 3 volumes. They are published once every 10 years and the third one just came out. You should contact the Montgomery County Historical Society in Troy, NC if you are interested.
17. Story. Posted at Haywood Genealogy Forum by: Jerry Tillman Haywood on February 20, 2009: I am a direct descendant of Byrd Haywood, 1745-1816 and Mary Braddock Haywood, Montgomery County, NC, and his parents, George Jr, 1706 and Martha (Millie) Byrd Haywood, 1710, George Jr's parents George Sr, 1664 and Ann Partin Haywood, 1668 and so up the line. What I am having trouble with is finding information out about my GGG-Grandmother, Sarah Tillman, 1790-1860, who married John Haywood, 1790, a son of Byrd.
Bird* married Unknown* UNKNOWN.
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story. In response to an e-mail from me, Brenda McLendon said: As for the children of Bird Haywood that I posted on the Haywood GenForum, this information was given to me by someone else and it's not documented. Following is what was given to me.... Byrd (Bird) Haywood, b. 1745/50, d. 1816. Children: John, 1780. Jesse, 1783. Partin, 1784. Thomas Ashley, 1786. George Braddock, 1787. James 1796. Patty (Batten) unknown. I found these same names plus one more on the following web page... www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/3845/index.html