- Born: 2 Jun 1906, North Carolina, United States 873
- Marriage: LINDLEY, Harlow
- Died: 16 Feb 1974, Pittsboro, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 873
- Buried: South Fork Cemetery, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 873
Tombstone at South Fork Cemetery says Ruth Hadley Lindley, b 6-2-1906, d 2-16-1974. She is daughter of Jonathan and Flora.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Obituary, 18 Feb 1974, Pittsboro, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Obituary notice on web at http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncalaman/obituaries.html
Daily Times - News, Monday, Feb. 18, 1974. Final rites for Mrs. Ruth Hadley Lindley, 67, of Rt. 2, Pittsboro, were held today at 2 PM at South Fork Friends Church. She died unexpectedly at her home Saturday morning. A native of Alamance County, she was the daughter of the late Jonathan and Flora Andrew Hadley, and the wife of Harlow Lindley, who survives. She was a member of South Fork Friends Church. In addition to her husband, she is survived by her daughter, Miss JoAnn Lindley of the home: sons Harry Lindley, Rt. 1, Snow Camp, Gerald Lindley, Rt. 3, Graham: sisters, Mrs. Edna Jordan, Rt. 2, Graham, Mrs. Elsie Clark, Rt. 1, Snow Camp, Mrs. Fern Ivey, Graham: and four grandchildren. The Rev. Don Leuellen, pastor of South Fork Friends Church, and the Rev. Winfred Crouse, officiated. Burial was in the church cemetery.
2. Appearance in Document: Death Certificate, 7 Mar 1974, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Ruth Lindley b 2 June 1906, d/o J Hadley and Flora Andrew, d 16 Feb 1974 at residence in Chatham Co, housewife, married to Harlow Lindley, bur at South Fork. (found at Ancestry.com)
Ruth married Harlow LINDLEY, son of Gurney Dixon LINDLEY and Mary Elizabeth LINDLEY. (Harlow LINDLEY was born on 29 Apr 1903 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States,873 died on 27 Jul 1987 in Alamance County, North Carolina, United States 873 and was buried in South Fork Cemetery, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 873.)