|DAVIS, Carl Stanley
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 1900, Moore County, North Carolina, United States. Carl L Davis is 10, b June 1889, b NC, farm laborer, living in household of grandfather John L Davis (52, b Sept 1847, farmer, b NC). (ED 71, Sheffield Twp, Moore Co, NC, family 114)
2. Census, 1910, Randolph County, North Carolina, United States. Carl Davis [maybe this one] is 19, single, farm laborer, living with parents. The parents are Ellicott Davis (58, farmer) and Elizabeth (58). (ED 89, New Hope Twp, Randolph Co, NC, family 90)
3. Residence, 1917, Eagle Springs, Moore County, North Carolina, United States. 441 Carl S Davis, b Feb 1889 at ? Hill NC, living in Eagle Springs, merchant at N J Carter and Co, has wife and 1 child, registered in Moore Co.
4. Appearance in Document: WW1 Draft Registration, 5 Jun 1917, Moore County, North Carolina, United States. 444 Name: Carl S. Davis; City: Eagle Springs; County: Moore; State: North Carolina; Birthplace: North Carolina; Birth Date: Feb 6 1889; He is a merchant at [something] Carter and Co. He is married with one child and a wife. Height medium, build slender, blue eyes, light hair. Signature Carl S. Davis.
5. Census, 1920, Moore County, North Carolina, United States. Carl S Davis, age 30, living with wife Annie J (25), daughters Isabel C (4) and Margaret S (2 months). He rents his home. He can read and write. He is a salesman at a retail general store. He works on his own account, instead of salary or wages, so he may own the store. (Moore Co, Bensalem? Twp, ED 86, sheet 6, line 96)
6. Census, 1930, Hinds County, Mississippi, United States. Carl S Davis is 40, b NC, clerk at dry goods store, married at age 24 to Annie C (36, b NC, married at age 20, sales lady at dry goods store), with dau Isabel C (14, b NC), dau Margaret S (9, b NC), dau Mildred S (7, b NC). (ED 20, City of Jackson, Hinds Co, MS, family 15)
7. Appearance in Document: Death Certificate, 8 Nov 1954, Southern Pines, Moore County, North Carolina, United States. 443 Carl Stanley Davis, born 2-6-1889 in Randolph County, NC, son of Robert Spinks Davis and Martha Jane Shields, married to Annie Councilman Davis, retired grocery store merchant, resident of Robbins, Moore County, NC, died 10-6-54 at St. Joseph Hospital, Southern Pines, Moore County. Died of Arteriosclerosis due to rhumetoid arthritis. Informant Mrs. Annie C. Davis of Robbins, NC. Buried 10-8-54 at Pine Rest, Robbins, NC.
8. Occupation: Grocery Store Merchant. 443
Carl married Annie J. COUNCILMAN, daughter of Milo* COUNCILMAN and Minnie J. PASCHALL, on 27 May 1914 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States. (Annie J. COUNCILMAN was born on 1 Sep 1893 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 272,276,277,445 and died after 1954 443.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Marriage Notice, 27 May 1914, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States. Carl S Davis (b 1889) m Annie J Councilman (b 1894) on 27 May 1914 in Charlotte, Mecklenburg Co, NC (NC Marriages at FamilySearch.org)
2. Story. 284 Annie Councilman married Carl Davis.
3. Story. Children of Carl Davis and Annie Councilman are Isabell (m Carl Fuqua), Margaret (m Purvis Bayette), and Mildred (m Edgar A Thomas) (according to notes from George and Marie Allred).