- Born: 1795, Cabarrus County, North Carolina, United States 68
- Marriage: RICHARDSON, Sarah 68
- Died: 1873, Union County, North Carolina, United States 68
- Buried: Family Cemetery
Noted events in his life were:
1. Occupation: Planter.
2. Census, 1850, Union County, North Carolina, United States. John Starnes is 55, farmer, living with Sarah (60), Sarah Jr (34), Martha (33), and John A (43, farmer). (Union Co, p50)
3. Story. 68 Was eldest child. Planter, owned 9 slaves in 1860. Owned land on Richardson Creek. Buried in family cemetery now (1976) on land of J Parks McCorkle. Home was on Rocky River Rd.
John married Sarah RICHARDSON, daughter of Edward RICHARDSON and Catherine UNKNOWN.68 (Sarah RICHARDSON was born in 1790 68 and died about 1880 68.)