Abner Sanborn is buried at West Union Cemetery, d 1/7/1873 age 86 yrs 6 mo 17 da.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence, 1833, Indiana, United States. Living in Indiana by 1833 based on 1850 census entry birthplaces of children.
2. Census, 1850, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. Abner Sanborn is 63, no occupation, born NH, living with Mary (48, b NC), Phebe (21, b NC), Ruth (16, b IN), Josephine (11), Henry Clay (9), Mary (7). (Monroe Twp, Morgan Co, IN, family 464)
3. Census, 1860, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. Abner Sanborn is 74, b NH, living with Mary (57, b NC), Daniel W (28, b IN, deaf and dumb), Mary H (16, housework, b IN). (Mooresville PO, Monrovia, Monroe Twp, Morgan Co, IN, family 693). [Census has an ink blot on this entry, so often does not appear in indexes]
4. Census, 1870, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. Abner Sanborn is 84, manufacturer of linament, b NH, living with Mary (74, keeping house, b NC) and Daniel Jr (38, b IN, deaf and dumb). (Monrovia PO, Monroe Twp, Morgan Co, IN, family 6)
5. Occupation: Justice of the Peace: Morgan County, Indiana, United States. 1320 Abner Sanborn appears on several Morgan County marriage records as a Justice of the Peace.
Abner married Mary LINDLEY, daughter of Aaron* LINDLEY and Phebe* McPHERSON. (Mary LINDLEY was born on 6 Dec 1802 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States, died on 4 Nov 1879 in Morgan County, Indiana, United States and was buried in West Union Cemetery, Monrovia, Morgan County, Indiana, United States 2241.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story. 3843 Mary Lindley married Abner Sanborn, and they probably lived in Indiana. J Van Lindley mentions the following children: Elizabeth C, Phebe Ann, Symthiapersis [Cynthia Persis], Daniel W, Temperance, Josephine, and Mary.