Noted events in her life were:
1. Religion: Church of England. 3700
2. Story. 3672 Born ca 1661 according to a deposition she gave in 1709, age ca 48, as a widow. Died ca 1713. Children names are Sarah, Anne, Joseph, Charles, Dorothy, Eleanor, and Teresa.
3. Story. 3680 Garrett took out a bond as surety regarding his second marriage to Mary Smith, spinster of St Mary's Co, on 5 Oct 1676. In her book about the family of Garrett Vansweringen, Frances C T Daniels quotes an 1894 publication stating Mary followed "the English church", i.e. Protestant.
4. Story. 3688 In 1706 Mary Vansweringen obtained a patent on 1000 acres then in Baltimore Co.
5. Story. 3701 Mary Smith, widow of Garrett Vansweringen, b 1660, d 1714.
6. Story. 3688 Will of Mary Vansweringen, widow, St Mary's Co, written 17 Feb 1712/13, probate 5 Sep 1713. To daughters Dorithy and Tereshea Vansweringen, personalty. To son-in-law William Bladen, and daughter [unreadable] Bladen, and to daughter Elinor Carroll, personal estate. To son Joseph, executor, residue of estate, real and personal, including 200 acres, "The Point", near St Mary's; he to maintain daughters Dorithy and Tereshea. Will book 13, p557. (Also Md Calendar of Wills, Vol 3, p246)
7. Story. 3700 Marriage date, marriage place.
Mary married Gerret VAN SWEARINGEN, son of Family VAN SWEARINGEN and Unknown, on 5 Oct 1676 in St Mary's, St Mary's County, Maryland, United States. (Gerret VAN SWEARINGEN was born in 1636 in Beemsterdam, Holland,3671 died about 1698 in St Mary's, St Mary's County, Maryland, United States and was buried in St Mary's, St Mary's County, Maryland, United States.)