TEAGUE, Martha 843
- Born: Abt 1844, North Carolina, United States 843
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census, 19 Sep 1850, Upper Regiment, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. 843
1) John Teague, age 59, farmer, $155 real estate, born NC
2) Susan Teague, age 32, born NC
3) Mary Teague, age 35, born NC, cannot read or write
4) Edward Teague, age 16, farmer, born NC, attends school
5) Maria Teague, age 11, born NC, attends school
6) Priscilla A. Teague, age 11, born NC, attends school
7) Samuel Teague, age 8, born NC, attends school
8) Martha Teague, age 6, born NC, attends school.
2. Story, 1850. In John Teague's will, dated 11 July 1859, "gran daughter Martha Pike" is mentioned. [Since John Pike's wife Martha does not appear in the 1850 Census, she may be dead. In that case, instead of John Pike raising the young daughter, perhaps the Martha that appears in John Teague's 1850 census entry is actually John Teague's granddaughter, who would be the daughter of John Pike. Martha Pike also appears in the 1860 and 1870 Census entries for John Teague's widow Susan]
3. Census, 1860, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Martha Pike is 17, domestic, living in household of Susan Teague. (Chatham Co, Western Division, Mud Lick Post Office, enumerated 12 July 1860, p157, family 584).
4. Census, 1870, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Martha Pike [maybe this Martha] is 26, at home, in household of [possible mother or grandmother] Susann Teague. (Chatham Co, South Side Pittsboro Road, p236, family 1447)