Sarah, wife of Aaron Lindley, b 5-18-1824 (West Union MM records).
Noted events in her life were:
1. Appearance in Document: Quaker Removal Certificate to Bridgeport Mtg, 8 Jul 1867, West Union Mtg, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. 2655,2657 To Bridgeport Monthly Mtg of friends. Dear Friends. Aaron Lindley and Sarah his wife members of this meeting having removed and settled with their minor children Samuel, Mary E., David E., Sibyl J., Howard and John Maxwell Lindley request has been made for our certificate of their right of membership. ... Signed on behalf of West Union Mo. Mtg of Friends held 7th mo 8th 1867.
2. Residence, 4 May 1868, West Union Mtg, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. 2655 5-4-1868 Aaron Lindley and wife Sarah and children Jacob P, Samuel, Mary E, Sybil J, Howard, and John M received on certificate from Bridgeport MM (West Union MM records).
3. Census, 1870, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. Sarah Lindley is 46, keeping house, born IN, living with Aaron. (Monrovia PO, Monroe Twp, Morgan Co, IN, p23, family 240)
4. Census, 1880, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. Sarah Lindley is 56, widow, head of household, keeping house, born in Indiana, father born NC, mother born TN, with dau Sibble (20, single, at home) and son John M (13, works on farm). Also in household are Dearman DeWees (27, male, single, white, farmhand, born OH) and Abraham Hadley (19, single, white, farmhand, born IN, father born OH, mother born IN). (Morgan Co, Monroe Twp, IN, p45B)
Sarah married Aaron D. LINDLEY, son of David LINDLEY and Mary HADLEY, on 12 Sep 1865 in West Grove Mtg, Indiana, United States. (Aaron D. LINDLEY was born on 1 Mar 1827 in North Carolina, United States,1336,2240,2241 died on 18 Oct 1878 in Indiana, United States 2240,2241 and was buried in West Union Cemetery, Monrovia, Morgan County, Indiana, United States 2241.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story. 2240 Aaron Lindley, son of David and Mary, 2nd wife Sarah, b 5-18-1824, children John Maxwell (West Union MM records).