(Bef 1755-Between 1800/1810)
Cannot find a matching Douglas Winchester in 1810 or 1820 census at Ancestry.com.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 1790, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States. Dugles Winchester is in Mecklenburg Co, Salisbury District, 2 males over 16 [Dugles, unknown], 3 males under 16 [Thomas, William, unknown], 3 females [wife Sarah, Betsie, Sally].
2. Census, 1800, Cabarrus County, North Carolina, United States. Douglass Winchester is age 45 and over, living with 1 male 10-16 [William], 1 male 16-26 [Thomas], 1 male 26-45 [unknown], 1 female under 10 [Leah or Mary or Margaret], and 1 female 45 and over [wife Sarah]. (Cabarrus Co, p696)
3. Story. Douglas and Daniel Winchester were born somewhere in Virgina they latter were in Carrabus NC and then in Mecklenberg. Both reportedly served in the Rev War and Daniels pension records show him as a Private Douglas stayed in Mecklenberg, NC where he died 1793. There are references to a William Winchester that seem to fit Douglas and it is possible that he was William Douglas as the names William appears frequently in the family. ... Parents have been listed as William Winchester and Sarah Keziah but that has not been proven. Also indication that a John Winchester may have been the father of Daniel and Douglas. (posted at freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~deesegenes/win.html)
4. Story. 3554 Douglas Winchester and his brother, Daniel, came from Virginia to Union Co, NC. Douglas married Sarah Matthews and Daniel married Rosie Matthews (supposedly sisters). It is said that Douglas Winchester was a captain in the Revolutionary War and was probably buried in the Wolfe family graveyard near the Frank Krauss homeplace.
5. Story. 192 Dugal Winchester came to what is now Cabarrus County, but was then part of Mecklenberg, prior to the Revolutionary War. He came with William and Thomas, and probably Thomas was the father of William and Dugal. Dugal never came to Union County, but Joseph and Daniel, who were most likely his sons, did. Daniel was the father of Thomas D Winchester and grandfather of E C Winchester. Joseph was the father of Bill, Joe of Mineral Springs, Alexander, and Daniel (father of Jim Henry and Mrs. Boyte).
Douglas* married Sarah* MATTHEWS, daughter of Family MATTHEWS and Unknown. (Sarah* MATTHEWS was born on 10 Jul 1759 and died on 17 Apr 1839.)