McCAIN, Joseph Baskin
- Born: 26 Dec 1798 1389,3547
- Marriage: HARKEY, Margaret on 20 Dec 1820 1389
- Died: 21 Sep 1844 1389,3547
- Buried: Tirzah Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Union County, North Carolina, United States 3547
Tombstone says "In / Memory of / Joseph B. McCain / who died / September the 21st 1844 / in the 46th year / of his age. / Leaving a disconsolate wife, three daughters, and numerous relatives to mourn his death."
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 1830, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States. Joseph B McCain [maybe this one] household includes 1male 15-20, 1 male 30-40, 2 females 5-10, 1 female 30-40. (Mecklenburg Co, p342)
2. Census, 1840, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States. Joseph McCain [maybe this one] household includes 1 male 40-50 [Joseph would be 41], 1 female 5-10, 2 females 15-20, 1 female 40-50. (Mecklenburg Co, NC, p314)
3. Occupation: Preacher.
4. Story. See the entry for Vera Belk (Aunt Vee) for a possible lineage for her that leads back to Joseph Baskin McCain.
Joseph married Margaret HARKEY, daughter of Family HARKEY and Unknown, on 20 Dec 1820.1389 (Margaret HARKEY was born on 22 Nov 1795 in North Carolina, United States,3548 died on 17 May 1873 3548 and was buried in Tirzah Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Union County, North Carolina, United States 3548.)