- Born: Bef 1759, Brunswick County, Virginia Colony?
Noted events in his life were:
1. Appearance in Document, Cir 1774, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Benjamin Hogwood's hands to be among those to work on road from Court house to seven Islands on Haw River. (Chatham Co Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions, 1774-1779, p178)
2. Property, 9 Nov 1784, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. Benjamin Hoggwood granted 295 acres on Toms Creek of Newhope in Orange Co, half of the old survey claimed by William Partin ... [refers to verdict from Orange County Court Nov 1778, appeal to Superior Court Apr 1780] ... entered 1 May 1780 for 325 acres (grant #619, file 1482, Land Grant Book 57, p73)
3. Property, 17 May 1787, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. Benjamin Hagood of Chatham Co to Alexander Piper of Orange, 295 acres, one half of an old survey claimed by William Partin and granted Hagood by the State, on Toms Creek. Signed Benjamin Hagood, Mary Hagood [probably his wife] (Orange Co Deed Book 4, p199)
4. Residence, 17 May 1787, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Deed refers to "Benjamin Hagood of Chatham Co" (Orange Co Deed Book 4, p199)
5. Census, 1810, Montgomery County, North Carolina, United States. B Hagood [maybe this one] is age 45 and over, living with 1 male 16-26 and 1 female 45 and over (Montgomery Co, p574)