LINDLEY, Charles Clinton Jr. 3196
- Born: 9 May 1932, Burlington, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States 3191,3400,3401
- Died: 12 Jun 2002, Yanceyville, Caswell County, North Carolina, United States 3400
- Buried: 11 Jul 2002, Moore's Chapel Cemetery, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States 3400
Charles Clinton Lindley Jr b 9 May 1932 in Alamance Co, NC, never married, SSN 244-50-4780, resident of Caswell Co, NC, 4 years of college, d 12 Jun 2002 in Caswell Co, NC (NC Death Collection at Ancestry.com)
Noted events in his life were:
1. Appearance in Document: NC Birth Index, 1932, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 3401 1932, Lindley, Boy, child of C. C. Lindley, recorded in Vol 20 page 370.
2. Census, 10 Apr 1940, Burlington Twp, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 3191
1. Lindley, Charles C., head of household, owns his home on Beaumont Ave., age 49, married, completed 5 years of college, born NC, lived in same house on 1 Apr 1935, worked 40 hours during week of March 24-30, occupation principal at public school, wage or salary worker, worked 52 weeks during 1939, earned $1500, received other income
2. Lindley, Gladys H., wife, age 37, married, completed 2 years of college, born NC, engaged in home housework, non-paid family worker, no other income
3. Lindley, Charles C., son, age 7, completed 2nd grade, born NC
4. Lindley, Bobbie, son, age 6, not attending school, born NC.
3. Story: Burlington, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. When Bob and Clint were growing up in Burlington near the hospital, they used to go to the incenerators at the hospital and take the discarded flowers. Clint would remove the old outside petals from the roses, add violets from a nearby field, and make corsages that he would sell to the nurses. When he was 14 or 15, he won a blue ribbon at the State Fair for flower arrangement.