|BENNETT, Vance Livingston
Born 31 Aug 1912, died 14 Feb 1968, known as Knox or Buddy (per Ethel Haywood Bennett)
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 1920, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. Vance L Brunett is 7, living with parents. (District 56, Cross Creek Twp, Fayetteville Ward 6, Cumberland Co, NC, family 161)
2. Census, 14 Apr 1930, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. 3306
3. Appearance in Document: WW2 Draft Registration Card, Cir 1942, North Carolina, United States. 3303 Serial Number 1643, Vance Livingston Bennett, Order Number 610; Address Box 92, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, NC; Born 8-31-1912 in Cumberland Co, NC; Contact person Mrs. Ethel Haywood Bennett, wife, same address; Employer A. L. Raynor, Fort Bragg Road, Fayetteville; signature Vance Livingston Bennett.
4. Military Service: Military Enlistment, 26 Mar 1943, Fort Bragg, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. 3305 Name: Vance L Bennett Birth Year: 1912 Race: White, citizen (White) Nativity State or Country: North Carolina State: North Carolina County or City: Cumberland Enlistment Date: 26 Mar 1943 Enlistment State: North Carolina Enlistment City: Fort Bragg Branch: No branch assignment Grade: Private Grade Code: Private Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men) Source: Civil Life Education: 4 years of high school Civil Occupation: Foreman, Warehouse (Warehouseman. ) Marital Status: Married Height: 46 Weight: 113
5. Residence: 613 Westmont Drive, 1953, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. 3307
6. Residence, 1968, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. Vance Livingston Bennett was resident of 613 Westmont Dr, Fayetteville, when he died on Feb 14 1968, according to death certificate.
7. Appearance in Document: Death Certificate, 6 Mar 1968, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. 3302 Vance Livingston Bennett, married to Ethel Haywood, resident of 613 Westmont Dr, Fayetteville, born 8-31-1912 in Cumberland Co, works at Post Office, father Knox Bennett, mother Gertrude Graham, died Feb 14 1968 at Highsmith Rainey [hospital], Fayetteville, Cumberland Co, NC, died of myocardial infarction due to coronary arteriosclerosis, buried at Lafayette Memorial Park, informant Mrs. Ethel H. Bennett.
8. Occupation: Post Office Carrier. 3307
Vance married Ethel Sophia HAYWOOD, daughter of William Oscar* HAYWOOD and Lella* DOWNING, on 31 Jul 1940.557 (Ethel Sophia HAYWOOD was born on 11 Dec 1913 in Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States,797,800,3095,3308 died on 3 Jul 2013 in San Diego, San Diego County, California, United States 3308 and was buried on 13 Jul 2013 in Lafayette Cemetery, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina 3308.)