McCAIN, John Walker 3049
- Born: 14 Jul 1861, Jackson Twp, Union County, North Carolina, United States 3049
- Marriage: BELK, Mamie Arlie on 22 Oct 1891
- Died: 29 Apr 1944 3049
- Buried: Waxhaw City Cemetery, Waxhaw, Union County, North Carolina, United States 3049
Noted events in his life were:
1. Occupation: Businessman.
2. Story. 534 A prominent and influential citizen of Waxhaw in the days of its early history as a town. He taught in the schools of Lancaster Co., SC, for about 2 years, then spent 10 years in mercantile business at McCain's Mill. He then moved to Waxhaw and established McCain Brothers general store. The business later merged into McCain-King Mercantile Co. In 1909 he established the Waxhaw Real Estate and Insurance Co. He was appointed postmaster of Waxhaw on May 14, 1913. He was an officer and director of Waxhaw Banking and Trust Co., and held the office of magistrate. The first telephone line in the county was constructed by Mr. McCain at McCain's Mill.
3. Census: Union County, North Carolina, United States. Living in Waxhaw, Union Co., during 1900-1920 Census.
4. Occupation, 30 Apr 1913, Waxhaw, Union County, North Carolina, United States. 3050 John W McCain was postmaster of Waxhaw Post Office from 30 Apr 1913 to 30 Jun 1920. (, p32)
John married Mamie Arlie BELK on 22 Oct 1891. (Mamie Arlie BELK was born on 21 Oct 1871,3051 died on 27 Mar 1930 3051 and was buried in Waxhaw City Cemetery, Waxhaw, Union County, North Carolina, United States 3051.)