|FINNISON, John Stafford
FINNISON, John Stafford 278
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 1860, Moore County, North Carolina, United States. John S Finnison is 7, b NC, living in household of Jumcot? Finnison (35, miller), Charity (45), George L (12), Margaret A (10), Merel H (7, male), Rebecca (3). Also in household is Martha Phillips (33). (Gold Region PO, Moore Co, NC, family 714)
2. Census, 1870, Randolph County, North Carolina, United States. John S Fenison is 17, at home, living with parents. (Browers Mills PO, Browers Twp Eastern Division, Randolph Co, NC, family 113)
3. Census, 24 Jun 1880, Ritter Twp, Moore County, North Carolina, United States. 279
4. Census, 1900, Randolph County, North Carolina, United States. John S Finison is 47, born Feb 1853, taper at cotton mill, rents his home, can read but not write. He is married to Elizabeth E Finison (46, born Dec 1853). They have been married for 26 years, with 8 children, 6 still living. Living with them are daughter Clister E (22, b Oct 1877, speeder at cotton mill), daughter Lydia F (20, b Mar 1880, spooler at cotton mill), son [sic] Annie P (14, b Aug 1885, spinner at cotton mill), daughter Flora A (12, b Feb 1888, spinner at cotton mill) daughter Charity E (10, b Jan 1890). All children can read and write except Carity. Also living with the family is a white female boarder, Violia Gardner, age 27, born Mar 1873, a ruler at cotton mill. (Randolph Co, Pleasant Grove Twp, Village of Enterprise, ED 92, sheet 6, line 90, family 123)
5. Census, 1910, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States. John S Finison is 57, widow, lopper at cotton mill, a boarder in the household of Dolph Gibson. Also in the household (other than Dolph's family) are Fannie Finison (21, single, boarder, spinner at cotton mill) and Eurie Finison (18, boarder, weaver at cotton mill). (16 Peach Street, Revolution Cotton Mill, District 97, North Gilmer, Guilford Co, NC, family 245)
6. Census, 1920, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States. James S Finirson is 67, single, no occupation, a boarder in the household of Henry H Horner and his wife Evie [Finisson's daughter]. (26 Magnolia Street, District 37, Gilmer Twp, Guilford Co, NC, family 89)
7. Occupation: Cotton Mill worker, Farmer.
John married Elizabeth Ellen COUNCILMAN, daughter of George Clinton* COUNCILMAN and Elizabeth* ALLEN, about 1873. (Elizabeth Ellen COUNCILMAN was born on 16 Dec 1853 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States,44,279,280,281,282,283 died on 30 Mar 1909 283,284 and was buried in Prosperity Friends, High Falls, Moore County, North Carolina, United States 283.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story. 284 Stafford Finnison married Ellen Councilman.
2. Story. Children of Stafford Finnison and Ellen Councilman are Haywood (m Ellen Blackley), Lizzie (m Council Smith), Janie (m Adolphus Gibson), Fannie (m James Roberts), Alice (m James Crabtree), and Eura (m Harrison Horner) (according to notes from George and Marie Allred).