- Born: 28 Aug 1831, North Carolina, United States 1336
- Marriage: ROBERTS, Eliza
- Died: Iowa, United States
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence, 1 Feb 1834, Cane Creek Mtg, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. 391 David and Mary Lindley and children moved from Cane Creek Mtg, NC, to White Lick Mtg, Indiana.
2. Appearance in Document: Quaker Minutes, 12 Mar 1834, White Lick Mtg, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. 1234,2396 David Lindley and sons Milton, Aaron, and Elwood received on certificate from Cane Creek MM.
12th of the 3rd mo 1834. Certificates were received for the following married friends (viz) one for David Lindley and sons Milton Aaron & Elwood from Cane Creek Monthly meeting held at Rocky River Chatham County N.C. dated the 1st of the 2nd mo 1834.
3. Census, 1840, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. Entry for father David Linley includes 2 males 5-10 [Elwood should be 9] (Indiana, Morgan Co, p611)
4. Census, 1850, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. Elwood Lindley is 18, farmer, born NC, living with parents. (Monroe Twp, Morgan Co, IN, family 535)
5. Appearance in Document: Quaker Minutes, 13 Oct 1856, West Union Mtg, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. 2687 10 mo 13 1856. West Union Preparative informs that Elwood Lindly has accomplished his marriage contrary to our order therefore according to discipline he has forfeited his right of membership in our society.
Elwood married Eliza ROBERTS. (Eliza ROBERTS was born circa 1837 in Indiana, United States and died in Iowa, United States.)