Daughter of John Wilson and Margaret White.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census, 1850, Wayne County, Indiana, United States. Achsah Wilson is 13, born NC, living with parents John W Wilson (43, farmer, b NC) and Margaret (39, b NC). (Washington Twp, Wayne Co, IN, family 221)
2. Census, 1860, Fayette County, Indiana, United States. Achsah W Lindley is 23, b NC, living with Osmond. Next door is Elizabeth Wilson (43, b NC) and family. (Posey Twp, Fayette Co, IN, family 379)
3. Census, 1870, Henry County, Indiana, United States. Acsah Lindley is 33, housekeeper, b NC, living with Osmond. (Dublin PO, Dudley Twp, Henry Co, IN, family 34)
4. Residence, Jan 1873, Illinois, United States. Living in Illinois in Jan 1873 based on 1900 census entry and birthplace of daughter Margaret.
5. Residence, 1879, Kansas, United States. see Story about moving to Kansas 2 years after husband died.
6. Census, 1880, Cloud County, Kansas, United States. A Lindly is 43, female, widow, housekeeping, head of household, born NC, parents born NC, with son Gunus (20, farmer, born IN), son Horace (13, farmer, born IN), son Erasmus (9, born IN), dau Maggie (7, born IL), and dau Mary (5, born IL). (Cloud Co, Lyon Twp, Kansas, p255B) Next door is J W Wilson (73, farmer, born NC, parents born NC) with wife A C Wilson (74, housekeeping, born NC, parents born NC), assumed to be her parents, and J W's dau M W Wilson (36, widow, laboring, born NC, parents born NC).
7. Residence, 1890, Indiana, United States. see Story about returning to Indiana after selling Kansas farm to son.
8. Census, 1900, Grant County, Indiana, United States. M Achsah Lindley is 62, widow, b Nov 1835 in NC, father b NC, mother b DE, 12 children, 9 living. With her are daughter Margaret Overman (27, b Jan 1873 in Illinois, teacher) and son-in-law Edward Overman (31, b Sept 1868 in Indiana, day laborer). (N Main St, Fairmount, Fairmount Twp, Grant Co, IN, family 272)
9. Census, 1910, Grant County, Indiana, United States. Achsah Lindley is 73, widow, 12 children, 9 living, born NC, parents born NC. She is the mother-in-law of Harry D Wood (34, grocery, b IN, parents b OH) who is head of household. With Harry are his wife Mary (33, b Illinois, married for 7 years, 3 children all living). Children all born in IN. (Fairmount, Fairmount Twp, Grant Co, IN, family 355)
10. Story. Posted on Lindley Rootsweb by Lois Burdick (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 17 Jan 2002: Mr. [James H] Lindley came to Kansas with his mother, two sisters and a brother, at the age of twelve years; his father having died when he was ten years old. ... On their arrival in Kansas they purchased eighty acres of the McCoy homestead, lived in a dugout with dirt roof and floor during the first winter and endured the hardships incident to pioneer life. In 1890, Mr. Lindley bought the farm and his mother returned to Indiana. Transcribed from E.F. Hollibaugh's Biographical history of Cloud County, Kansas, published in 1903.
Achsah married Osmond LINDLEY, son of James LINDLEY and Ruth HADLEY, about 1853 in Milford Mtg, Wayne County, Indiana, United States.1234 (Osmond LINDLEY was born on 9 Feb 1831 in North Carolina, United States 963,1286,1324 and died in 1877 in Illinois, United States 2686.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story, 16 Mar 1853, White Lick Mtg, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. 3-16-1853 Osmond Lindley granted certificate to Milford MM to marry Achsa W Wilson (White Lick MM records).
2. Story. Posted on Lindley Rootsweb by Lois Burdick (email@example.com) on 17 Jan 2002: I found this in the Cloud Co. Kansas page.. sure hope this helps someone. JAMES H. LINDLEY, one of the successful farmers and stockmen of Lyon township, is a native of Wayne county, Indiana, born in 1866. ... His parents were Osmond and Achsah (Wilson) Lindley, of North Carolina birth. James H. Lindley is one of twelve children, nine of whom are living, viz.: Sylvia, is the wife of Barclay Johnson, president of Southland College, a Quaker institution in the state of Arkansas; Alfred, a retired farmer and stockman of Neoga, Illinois; Frank, an attorney and loan broker of Danville, Illinois. He eschews politics and devotes himself to legal practice and finance. Guerney, a farmer of Fairmount, Indiana. John was deceased in 1890, followed by Horace and Charlie within eight months. The former and latter were both men of families. Horace was correspondent for the St. Joseph Herald. Fletcher is general superintendent of the Marquette Mining and Manufacturing Company, of Chicago, Illinois. Prior to entering their employ he was superintendent of a clothing manufacturing company. Erasmus, a young attorney of Chicago, is a graduate of Ann Arbor College and Law School, and a member of the firm of Walker and Payne, attorneys and counsellors, 184 LaSalle street. Maggie, wife of Edward Overman, both she and her husband are teachers in Fairmount, Indiana. Mary, the youngest member of the family, is assistant principal of Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana. Transcribed from E.F. Hollibaugh's Biographical history of Cloud County, Kansas, published in 1903.