LINDLEY, Elijah 1209
- Born: 1825, North Carolina, United States 1209
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 2 Aug 1850, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. 1209
1) Joshua Lindley, age 72, farmer, real estate $1000, born NC
2) Mary Lindley, age 73, born NC
3) Thomas P. Lindley, age 37, pomologist, born NC
4) Sarah Lindley, age 33, born NC
5) Elijah Lindley, age 25, farmer, born NC
6) Geo Fox Lindley, age 22, farmer, born NC
7) Ezekiel Hornaday, age 15, farmer, born NC
8) Sophronia P. Quakenbush, age 4, born NC.
2. Census, 1870, Hendricks County, Indiana, United States. Elijah Lindley is 50, carpenter, b NC, with Mary (93, keeping house, b NC). Also in household is Mary Quakenbush (29, without occupation, b NC). (Amo PO, Clay Twp, Hendricks Co, IN, family 200)
3. Census, 1880, Hendricks County, Indiana, United States. Elijah Lindley is 60, single, farm laborer, living with sister Mary Quakenbush (35, single [doesnt make sense to have single sister with different last name, either not a sister or really a widow. Note that in 1850 census, Elijah is living in parents household, and a 4 year old Sophronia P Quakenbush also lives there. Mary would be about the right age to be that same person], housekeeping). (Hendricks Co, Clay Twp, IN, p620B) A few doors away is brother George.
4. Occupation: Farmer. 1209