|PUGH, Elizabeth Jane
PUGH, Elizabeth Jane
Elizabeth Jane Pugh b 4m-6-1825, d/o John Pugh and Nancy Hawkins.
Cannot find her in 1900 census
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census, 28 Sep 1850, Upper Regiment, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. 2519
2. Census, 1860, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. E J Allen is female, 35, living with husband Thos. (Graham PO, Alamance Co, NC, family 896)
3. Census, 1870, Obion County, Tennessee, United States. Elizabeth J Allen is 46, keeping house, b NC, living with Thos. (Troy PO, District 5, Obion Co, TN, family 104)
4. Census, 1880, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. Elizabeth Allen is 55, widow, head of household, keeping house, with son Albert (25, single, works in cotton mill), dau Martha (20, single, works in cotton mill), son George (16, works in cotton mill), and dau Emma (13, works in cotton mill). (Alamance Co, Thompson Twp, NC, p117B)
5. Story. 2523 Her father, John Pugh, married Elizabeth Allen (12m-3-1865) after Nancy died. Elizabeth was the daughter of Thomas Allen and Elizabeth Stout. Thus John Pugh was Thomas Allen's father-in-law and Thomas Allen was John Pugh's father-in-law.
Elizabeth married Thomas ALLEN, son of Peter* ALLEN and Elizabeth* DIXON, on 6 Jul 1848. (Thomas ALLEN was born on 17 Jul 1804 in Orange County, North Carolina, United States,371,2518,2519 died on 26 Aug 1878 in North Carolina, United States 2520 and was buried in Cane Creek Cemetery, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States 2520.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story, 6 Jul 1848. 2518 Thomas Allen, s/o Peter and Elizabeth, m2 7m-6-1848 Elizabeth Jane Pugh, d/o John Pugh and Nancy Hawkins. Children of Thomas and Elizabeth Jane Pugh are Thomas A, Nancy Caroline, John Washington, Albert Hue, William Arlindo, Martha E, Henry Franklin, George Warner, Emma Catherine.