THOMPSON, Rachel 2315
Rachel, wife of James Lindley, b 7-15-1790 (Lick Creek MM records).
Rachel, wife of James Lindley, d 8-30-1870, bur Newberry (Lick Creek MM records).
Noted events in her life were:
1. Residence, 14 Jan 1808, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. Living in NC on marriage date.
2. Residence, 1819, Indiana, United States. Living in Indiana when son Owen was born according to 1850 census.
3. Census, 1850, Paoli Township, Orange County, Indiana, United States. Rachel Lindley is 60, born NC, living with husband James Lindley (Indiana, Orange Co, Paoli Twp, p455, family 697)
4. Story. 2316 Daughter of Samuel Thompson (1750-1837) and Elizabeth DeBow (1766-1841). Samuel was soldier in Am Rev in NC, son of John Thompson and Ruth Cook. Elizabeth was daughter of Solomon DeBow (1714-1767) of Caswell Co., NC, and Hannah. Earlier ancestors of Solomon are listed in source.
Rachel married James LINDLEY, son of Owen LINDLEY and Sarah THOMPSON, on 14 Jan 1808 in Orange County, North Carolina, United States.2315 (James LINDLEY was born on 8 Nov 1785 in North Carolina, United States,1266,2266 died on 4 Nov 1883 2266 and was buried in Newberry Friends Cemetery, Orange County, Indiana, United States.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Marriage, 14 Jan 1808, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. 2315 Linley, James & Rachel Thompson, 14 Jan 1808; Andrew Faddis and George Clancy, bondsmen.