(Abt 1785-Between 1850/1855)
Noted events in her life were:
1. Property, 13 Feb 1804, Bladen County, North Carolina, United States. Bladen Co. NC. Deed. 13 Feb 1804 Andrew Smith to Susannah "Sooky" McLemore 50 lbs current money for 100 acres N side Cypress Creek on Samuel Bozman's line to Scarbor's corner. Wit: A. Sellers, Elias McLemore.
2. Property, 13 Nov 1809, Bladen County, North Carolina, United States. Bladen Co. NC Deed. 13 Nov 1809. John (G) Smith and wife Susannah to Peter Cromartie $90.00, 100 acres N side of Cypress Creek on Samuel Bozman's line to Scarbor's corner. Wit: John Sellers, Robert McMillan. Deek Bk. 12.
3. Census, 1810, Bladen County, North Carolina, United States. John Smith is age 16-26, living with 1 male under 10 [Daniel], 1 female under 10 [Anna], and 1 female 16-26 [Susan] (Bladen Co, p100)
4. Census, 1820, Bladen County, North Carolina, United States. John Smith's household includes 1 female 26-44 [wife Susan] (Bladen Co, p146).
5. Census, 1830, Bladen County, North Carolina, United States. John Smith's household includes 1 female 40-50 [wife Susan]. (Bladen Co, p80)
6. Appearance in Document, 16 Aug 1833, Bladen County, North Carolina, United States. Deed from John Smith to [son] Daniel Smith, both of Bladen Co. John sells 100 acres on north east side of Turnbull Creek for $50. Includes "To have and to hold the said bargained premises unto him the said Daniel Smith his heirs and assigns for ever with all bargained premises these belonging I the said John Smith do except for his till his decease and to the use of Susan Smith to decease." (Bladen Co, NC Deed Book 10 pg 129/130, posted at Bladen Co Rootsweb site).
7. Census, 1840, Bladen County, North Carolina, United States. John G. Smith's household includes one F 50-60 [wife Susan]. (Bladen Co, p209)
8. Appearance in Document, Oct 1843, Bladen County, North Carolina, United States. John Smith Sr and Susan Smith Sr are among the members of Beaverdam Baptist Church that are dismissed to found Briar Branch Baptist Church, both churches in Bladen County [although Beaverdam is now in Cumberland Co]. The list of members that are dismissed includes Daniel L. Smith, Daniel Smith, Daniel Register, George W. Downing, William D. Smith, Sarah A. Smith, Mary A. Downing, Elizabeth Smith, Anna M. Tatum, Elsa McLemore, May J. Tatum, Mary Register, John Smith Sr., Evin Downing, John H. Tatum, William J. Cowan, John D. Smith, Mary Smith, Susan Smith, Martha Smith, Elizabeth A. Downing, Susan Smith Sr., James Smith, Theophlus Tatum, Wright McLemore, John Downing, James S. Beard, Milton J. Smith, Thomas B. Cowan, Mary Downing, Pen[n]y Hayes, Claressa Beard, Susan Smith, Zillpha Smith. (posted at Bladen Co Rootweb site)
9. Census, 24 Sep 1850, Eastern Division, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. 664
10. Religion: Baptist.
11. Story. Posted by Robert McLemore Butler (email@example.com) at Sampson Co Rootsweb site on May 11 1998: Seeking info on Susannah MCLEMORE, b.abt 1785 d.1850, was married to John G (Ginny) SMITH, b. abt 1785 d. 1871. originally lived in Little Coharie area. Bladen County deed info leads to Elias MCLEMORE as her father. Mother unknown.
Susan* married John G.* SMITH, son of James* SMITH and Unknown* UNKNOWN, about 1806. (John G.* SMITH was born in 1785 in North Carolina, United States 664 and died before 22 Sep 1871 in Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States 666.)