Amy Lindley, wife of Thomas Lindley, dau of John and Mary Thompson, b 8-27-1788 (Lick Creek MM records).
Amy Lindley, wife of Thomas Lindley, d 3-21-1877, bur Newberry Cemetery as the wife of Joshua Moore, who was her 2nd husband. (Lick Creek MM records).
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census, 1810, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Amy appears as female 16-26 in household of husband Thos Linley (Chatham Co, p212)
2. Residence, 30 Nov 1811, White Water Mtg, Wayne County, Indiana Territory. 1270 11-30-1811 Amey Lindley and daughters Mary, Emmy, Margery, and Grace received on certificate from Spring MM, NC (Whitewater MM records).
3. Appearance in Document, 3 May 1828, Orange County, Indiana, United States. 1134 Will of Thomas Lindley, dated 3 May 1828, mentions wife Amy and children: William, Samuel, John, Mary, Thomas Elwood (Orange Co, Indiana).
4. Census, 1850, Orange County, Indiana, United States. There is an Anna Moore, age 62, real estate value 2000, b NC, living with Hannah A Moore (18, b IN), Thomas E Lindley (25), Hiram Lindley (22), Mary White (40), and several younger Whites (Indiana, Orange Co, Paoli Twp, p455) [Hiram Lindley is either a relative living with the family, or he is born after the death of his father as he is not mentioned in the will of Thomas Lindley d 1828. Mary White is Anna's daughter]
5. Religion: Quaker.
Amey married Thomas LINDLEY, son of Jonathan LINDLEY and Deborah DICKS. (Thomas LINDLEY was born on 29 Apr 1782 in Orange County, North Carolina, United States,1020 died on 5 May 1828 2151 and was buried in Newberry Friends Cemetery, Orange County, Indiana, United States 2151.)
Amey next married Joshua MOORE on 22 Apr 1830 in Newberry Mtg, Orange County, Indiana, United States.1415 (Joshua MOORE died before 1850.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Marriage Notice, 22 Apr 1830, Newberry Mtg, Orange County, Indiana, United States. 1415 1830-4-22 Amey Lindley, widow of Thomas of Orange Co and daughter of John and Mary of Orange Co NC, marries Joshua Moore at Newberry MH (Lick Creek MM records).
2. Marriage Notice, 22 Apr 1830, Newberry Mtg, Orange County, Indiana, United States. 2180 22-4m-1830 Joshua Moore, of Jackson Co, son of Joshua and Hannah, both deceased of Perquimans NC, married Amy Lindley, daughter of John and Mary Thompson of NC, at Newberry Meeting (Amy was widow of Thomas Lindley) (Lick Creek records).