Noted events in her life were:
1. Alt. Birth, Cir 1797, North Carolina, United States. 2249
2. Alt. Birth, Cir 1817. 2250
3. Census, 1840, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. Entry for husband Edward Linley includes 1 female 40-50 [Johanna should be 44]. (Indiana, Morgan Co, P617)
4. Census, 5 Oct 1850, Monroe Twp, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. 2248
5. Census, 10 Aug 1860, Monroe Twp, Morgan County, Indiana, United States. 2249
6. Property: Morgan County, Indiana, United States. In land records of Morgan Co, IN, the only Kirk listed is Wm. R Kirk, who owns property in Twp 14 in 1836. (www.scican.net/~morglib/genasist/landsal2.html)
Johanna married Edward LINDLEY, son of Aaron* LINDLEY and Phebe* McPHERSON. (Edward LINDLEY was born about 1797 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States,2248,2249 died on 8 Sep 1865 in Morgan County, Indiana, United States and was buried in West Union Cemetery, Monrovia, Morgan County, Indiana, United States 2241.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story. 2251 Edward Lindley married Johanna Kirk. Their children were James R, Aaron (b NC, children Andrew, William, Fred, Allie, and Benny), Sally (b Indiana m Ed Phillipps), Robert (b NC, children Charles and Arthur), Mary (b Indiana, m Sam Bray), Nancy (m Rufus W ?), Phoebe (m John Sawyer), Orianna. Source of this is info from Dr E R Lindley of Stanberry Missouri and J Van Lindley of Pomona NC.
2. Story. 1320 Samuel Bray m Mary Lindley on 10 Nov 1847.