NISBET, Margaret 2114
- Born: Abt 1756, Camden District, South Carolina, United States 1989,2114
- Marriage (1): MOORE, James
- Marriage (2): McCAIN, William S. about 1811 2111
- Died: 23 Nov 1843, Tipton County, Tennessee, United States 2114
- Buried: Salem ARP Church Cemetery, Idaville, Tipton County, Tennessee 2114
Widow of James Moore and daughter of Alexander and Agnes Ramsey Nisbet.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Residence, 1839, Tipton County, Tennessee, United States. Left Waxhaw area in 1839, according to obituary.
2. Obituary, 23 Nov 1843, Portersville, Tipton County, Tennessee, United States. SCMAR, Vol. VIII, Fall 1980, No. 4, p.215
Died near Portersville, Tenn., on the 23d of November, 1843, Mrs. Margaret McCain, in the 87th year of her age. The deceased had been an [p.6] exemplary member of the Associate Reformed Church at Tirzah, in Waxhaw, from its first organization, whence she removed in 1839.
Associate Reformed Presbyterian Death & Marriage Notices, 1843-1863, p.5
Source Information: Wells, Lawrence K, and Brent H. Holcomb, ed.. South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 1-20 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: MyFamily.com, Inc., 1999. Original data: Wells, Lawrence K., ed.. The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research. Vol. I-XX. Columbia, SC, USA: SCMAR, 1973-1992.
submitted by: Valeria Reckert
posted at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~waxhaw/vitals/obits/obits_m.html
Margaret married James MOORE.
Margaret next married William S. McCAIN, son of Hugh* McCAIN and Mary Eleanor* NUTT, about 1811.2111 (William S. McCAIN was born in 1755 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States,2111,2113 died on 6 Apr 1823 in Lancaster District, South Carolina, United States 2111,2112,2113 and was buried in Tirzah Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Union County, North Carolina, United States 2111,2112.)