|FALKENBOROUGH, Mary Margaret*
FALKENBOROUGH, Mary Margaret* 219
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census, 1790, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States. 220 Household of George Hellums Sr includes 1 female [wife Mary Margaret](Mecklenburg Co, District 16 (Charlotte area))
2. Alt. Death, 1800. 219
3. Story. 242 Margaret (Fortenbury) may be the daughter of Jacob or Isaac Fortenbury, sons of Henry Fortenbury. Birthyear, approx death year, citing Ernest Broome of Monroe NC, Sallie Pressley of Charlotte NC, Mrs L G Marsh of Monroe NC, Sara Myers of Cassapolis MI, and Conrad Raymond Helms records of 1962.
4. Story. 243 Sara Myers reports "Falkenborough men were living in Orange Co, VA in 1738, and appear in land records in Anson Co NC on 2 Apr 1748. No Fortenbury records are found, so perhaps Fortenbury is an incorrect reporting of Falkenborough."
5. Story. 235 Last name is Falkenborough, probably daughter of Jacob or Isaac Falkenborough of Orange Co, VA (1738) and Anson Co, NC (1748), who were sons of Henry Falkenborough. She was born ca 1735.
Mary married George* HELMS Sr., son of John Isaac* HELMS and Ann* TILGHMAN, in 1744 in New Jersey Colony.219 (George* HELMS Sr. was born in 1720 in Prob Bethlehem, Bucks County, Pennsylvania Colony, died in 1805 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States 219 and was buried in Old High Hill Cemetery, Union County, North Carolina 219.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Alt. Marriage Date, 1755, Anson County, North Carolina Colony. 219