- Born: 23 May 1717, Whiteland Twp, Chester County, Pennsylvania Colony 436
- Marriage: STUART, Robert* in 1732
- Died: Sep 1793, Wilkes County, Georgia, United States
Martha Richardson b 1717, d 1793.
Martha Richardson b 23 May 1717 in Whiteland, Chester Co, PA, d Wilkes Co GA, d/o Isaac and Catherine (LDS Ancestry File)
Noted events in her life were:
1. Appearance in Document: Quaker Certificate, 25 Aug 1757, Exeter Mtg, Berks County, Pennsylvania. 1867 Certificate from Exeter Meeting to Cane Creek Meeting for Robert Stuart, wife Martha Stuart, and children Jehu, Mary, Isaac, Catharine, Rachel, and Gravener.
"From our Monthly Meeting held at Exeter the 25th of 8 mo 1757. To Friends the Monthly Meeting of Friends at Cane Creek in North Carolina, or elsewhere. Dear Friends, Our Friend Robert Stuart and Martha his Wife made Application to us for a few lines by way of Certificate for themselves and their children (viz) Jehu, Mary, Isaac, Catharine, Rachel and Gravener ..."
2. Appearance in Document: Quaker Minutes, 7 Jan 1758-3 Mar 1758, Cane Creek Mtg, Orange County, North Carolina Colony. 1078,1866,1870 Robert and Martha Stuart and children Alexander, Mary, Catharine, Rachel moved from Exeter Mtg, PA, to Cane Creek Mtg, NC.
"At a monthly meeting held the 3d day of the 3d mo 1758 Samuel Cox produced a certificate which was accepted. Also Robert Stuart for self and family and likewise his son Alexr."
"At a monthly meeting held at cane creek 7th of 1st month 1758. ... We received a Certificate from Exeter monthly meeting on account of Martha Stuart and her Daughters Mary Catherine & Rachel which was read and recorded ..."
3. Appearance in Document: Quaker Minutes, 4 Aug 1764, Cane Creek Mtg, Orange County, North Carolina Colony. 1871,1872 Robert and Martha Stuart received a certificate from Cane Creek meeting. The destination is not specified.
"At a monthly meeting held the 4th of 8th mo 1764, Robert Stuart obtained a Certificate from this meeting."
"At a monthly meeting held at cane creek 4th of 8th month 1764 ... The friends appointed to prepare a certificate for Martha Stuart have produced one which was read and signed."
4. Appearance in Document: Quaker Minutes, 29 Sep 1764, New Garden Mtg, Guilford County, North Carolina Colony. 1078,1864,1873 Robert and Martha Stuart and children Isaac, Catharine, Rachel, Gavnor, Amos and Hannah moved from Cane Creek Mtg, NC, to New Garden Mtg, NC. They left Cane Creek around 4 Aug 1764.
"At our monthly meeting of Newgarden held the 29 day of the 9th month 1764 ... the monthly meeting of Cain creek sent a certificate to this meeting on behalf of Robert Stuart wife and six children - viz. Isaac Catherine Rachel Gavnor Amos & Hannah dated the 4th of the 8th month 1764 which was read and except."
5. Appearance in Document: Quaker Minutes, 29 May 1773, New Garden Mtg, Guilford County, North Carolina Colony. 1864,1869 Robert Stewart and wife Martha and children Gravener, Amos and Hannah moved from New Garden Mtg, NC, heading towards Bush River Mtg, SC [but actually arrived at Wrightsborough Mtg in Georgia instead].
"At our Monthly Meeting held at Newgarden the 29th day of the 5th month 1773 ... The Friends appointed to prepare a Certificate for Robert Stewart Wife and Family to the monthly meeting of Bush River in South Carolina, having produced one, which being read, was approved of and signed."
6. Appearance in Document: Quaker Minutes, 4 Dec 1773, Wrightsborough Mtg, Columbia County, Georgia Colony. 1865,1868 Robert Stewart and wife Martha and children Gravener, Amos and Hannah arrived at Wrightsborough Mtg, Georgia.
"At our Monthly Meeting of Wrightsborough held ye 4th day of ye 12th month 1773 ... Robert Stuart produced a Certificate for himself Wife and Children Gravener & Amos and Hannah from New Garden Monthly Meeting dated the 29th of ye 5th month 1773 which was read and received."
7. Religion: Quaker.
Martha* married Robert* STUART, son of Alexander* STUART and Mary* BAILY, in 1732. (Robert* STUART was born on 25 Jan 1710 in Chester County, Pennsylvania Colony 436 and died on 9 Sep 1783 in Wilkes County, Georgia, United States.)