HADLEY, Jeremiah 961,1167
- Born: 7 Jan 1741 1167
- Marriage: DICKEY, Mary before May 1759 in Orange County, North Carolina Colony 961
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence, 2 Oct 1756, Cane Creek Mtg, Orange County, North Carolina Colony. 961 Joshua and Patience Hadly and children moved from New Garden Mtg, PA, to Cane Creek Mtg, NC.
2. Appearance in Document, 3 Aug 1782, Cane Creek Mtg, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. 961 Jeremiah Hadley's sons Joshua, Jeremiah, and James, received by request.
3. Appearance in Document, 2 Nov 1782, Cane Creek Mtg, Orange County, North Carolina, United States. 961 Mary, Sarah, and Patience Hadley received by request of parents Jeremiah and Mary.
4. Will, 28 Oct 1786, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Will of Jeremiah Hadly, dated 28 October 1786, no probate date.
Chatham Co. Record of Estates (1782-1799) Vol. 1, pg. 26(b), 27, 27(b) NC State Archives film # C.022.50001 [Note from person posting to website: Jeremiah Hadley/Hadly was of the Quaker Faith - reference the difference in the wording of the will at the beginning and the dating at the end. - Sue] Be it remembered that I Jeremiah Hadly of Chatham County in North Carolina being sick and weak of Body but perfect in memory thanks be to almighty god therefor, and calling to mind The uncertaintys of life for setting my outward affairs do make this present writing my last Will and Testament hereby revoking and making void all other Wills and Testaments by me heretofore made Either vocally or in writing delivered and do ratify and confirm this present writing____ My Will is firstly that my Executors herein after named do pay and discharge all my Just Debts and funeral Expenses__ 2ly I give to my Daughter Lydia Cox Wife of Samuel Cox the sum of five shillings 3ly I give to my son Joshua Hadley two Hundred acres off of the per part of the Tract of Land I now live upon to him and his Heirs forever, it is my Will also that he pay thirty pounds lawfull Money to my son James Hadley when he comes to the age of twenty years___ 4thly I give to my son Jeremiah Hadley the remaining part of the Tract of Land now live upon to him and his heirs forever it also is my Will that he pay unto my son John Hadley at the age of Twenty years Thirty pounds Lawfull Money 5ly It is my Will that my beloved wife shall have the whole Houses and buildings belonging to this place I live on during her life or widowhood for the support of my young children and also to have the Education of my young children 6ly I give to my son Jeremiah Hadly one sorrel colt that come of a Mare call blaze and a mans saddle to him & his heirs forever___ 7ly I give to my beloved wife my Household furniture of all sorts with all my implements of Husbandry and all my other tools with all my stock of all kinds the above mentioned Colt excepted to dispose of as she may think best___8ly it is my Will that my son James Hadley and John Hadley shall have ten? pounds each paid them when they arrive to the age of twenty years 9ly I leave to my Daughters Mary, Sarah, Patience and Jane Hadly the remaining part of my Money Bonds Notes and Book Debts to be equally divided amongst them to be paid to each as they come to the age of Eighteen years__ 10ly I do constitute & appoint my truly and well beloved wife Mary Hadly and trusty friend Hugh Moffett to execute this my Last Will and Testament In Witness Whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this twenty Eighth Day of the tenth Month Commonly Called October Anno Domini one thousand seven hundred and Eighty Six. Signed Jeremiah Hadley. Witness Present: Nathan Dixson, Hannah Moffett. (posted on Chatham Co website)
5. Religion: Quaker.
Jeremiah married Mary DICKEY before May 1759 in Orange County, North Carolina Colony.961 (Mary DICKEY was born on 12 Jun 1744 1167.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Appearance in Document, 2 May 1759, Cane Creek Mtg, Orange County, North Carolina Colony. 961 Jeremiah Hadley [maybe this one] disowned for marriage out of unity.